New Flight Simulator

Reaction score
Looks cool!

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
IMG_0294.jpg

How did it run for you? It didn't run too well on my computer after 10 minutes or so flying in the flight simulator. Everything was moving super slow in the application (and on my computer since the process was maxing out the GPU).

Same for me (gtx 750 ti), even at low settings I was getting some lag, hopefully they get it optimized.

Very Graphic Intensive and requires allot of memory.

Does Anyone know the pricing beyond the FREE Version?

Reactions: bsartist
Seems to work well if you have adequate hardware (and yes, the requirements are high.) I have an i7 / 32 GB RAM / GTX 1070 (purchased for editing) and it runs smoothly. The UI is a little rough here and there (typical DJI) but OK once you get used to it and the simulator itself is very good. All in all it's great for a first effort. No simulator is exactly like the real thing but it's pretty close, or at least I think a newbie who had some time with the simulator software would have a much better chance of avoiding accidents on their first real flights. Takeoffs and landings are a little too easy (no real feel there) but I only have a few flights on it and maybe it's in an 'easy' mode. You can set all kinds of detailed flight condition (wind, etc.) so there is probably a way to turn up the difficulty, haven't played with that part yet.

Last edited:
I tried the simulator, but it refused to recognize my P4P v2.0 RC. DJI Assistant recognizes it just fine, so I don’t know what is wrong. I’ve grown frustrated with the software.

Works great on my laptop. I'm amazed at the smoothness of the frame rate and with the amazing graphics. I have an I7-6700HQ Quad Core with 32GB or RAM and Geforce 1070.

A vendor on Facebook told me that there is no pricing yet; as the "enterprise" and "custom" modules are still in development; and aren't expected to be released till sometime next Q1 2019.

I'm wondering if the form you fill out to ask for pricing is more of their way to gauge interest.

In any case, I'm loving it--as I can practice high speed fly-throughs of obstacles I wouldn't be brave enough to do IRL; and maybe build up some muscle memory that way.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see how the P4P responds very much like my P4P does IRL; though sometimes with a little more precision than IRL. It doesn't seem to climb or descend as fast though.

I was able to install the initial software. After that I'm stuck in a screen with an Install blue button. When I press it the gives me an error.
I tried it in 3 computers, always the same. What am I missing?
Thanks
Luigi

I tried the simulator, but it refused to recognize my P4P v2.0 RC. DJI Assistant recognizes it just fine, so I don’t know what is wrong. I’ve grown frustrated with the software.

I have a P4P V2.0 as well and, like you, the simulator refuses to recognize the RC. Also like you DJI assistant recognizes it just fine.

Reactions: Ansia
I was able to install the initial software. After that I'm stuck in a screen with an Install blue button. When I press it the gives me an error.
I tried it in 3 computers, always the same. What am I missing?
Thanks
Luigi
Change the directory. For some reason it always tries to install to a D drive.

Installation issue solved, I just had to launch the app with administrator rights.
Now I have issues with the controllers. I tried with the one of Mavic Air and the one of Phantom4 Pro + without luck. Both are present as devices in Windows, but not working in the simulator.
What can I do?
Thanks
Luigi

Installation issue solved, I just had to launch the app with administrator rights.
Now I have issues with the controllers. I tried with the one of Mavic Air and the one of Phantom4 Pro + without luck. Both are present as devices in Windows, but not working in the simulator.
What can I do?
Thanks
Luigi
For the Mavic Air, there are videos on youtube on how to make it work. I'm currently driving, so I can't look it up right now. They should also be in the Mavic forums.

This reply by Sato Zoom 2 and KlooGee did it for me:

"Alright, now that I've had a further look around, there is a far easier way to get the Mavic Air RC working and it is what BumblerBee had posted above. In the DJI Simulator install folder (default is: C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator) there is a file named "dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe". You can simply run this executable and it will install the device drivers for the RC without having to go through the hassle I had outlined in my video I posted above. DJI Assistant 2 isn't required if you do this. However, if you do use this option, then DJI Assistant 2 does work with the Mavic Air RC!

All I did was run dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe and everything worked for my P4P V2.0 RC.

Seems to work well if you have adequate hardware (and yes, the requirements are high.) I have an i7-6700 CPU / 32 GB RAM / GTX 1070 (purchased for editing) and it runs smoothly.

Well, works fine on my desktop (as above), but just tried it on a fairly modern/common laptop config (i7-4510 CPU, 8 GB RAM) and no go, even when lowered to 'medium' quality and 720p it's just too laggy to be useful. The DJI FS package is nice (and free) but does require a lot of CPU/RAM and a mid-to-high end graphics card to be usable.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT