New firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that there was no interferance flying in the park across from me since the new firmware. Havent tried to see if my max distance has increased yet.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

I just installed the new FW this morning. Upgrade was quick and painless. After restarting Phantom and controller I got a surprise, I had GPS lock in the house and I have metal siding. Decided not to test flight in the house and took it outside. I live in an urban area so couldn't really do a lot of testing.

After starting the motors I took it up a few feet and it hovered in place. I then took it to 200 feet and even in moderate winds (15-20mph) it held steady. Locking the left stick down it came down nice and smooth. At about 20' I slowed it down and landed.

The next time I'm at my sister-in-laws where I have miles of wide open space I'll really put it through its paces.

Reactions: Olsen Petrus
The same for me !
Today I switched on both AC and RC to make the 1.7.9 update; AC was inside near a window...no GPS all the time...I was taking note of all settings and also removed the range mod (in order to be sure not to interfere with the update process). In total about 15 minutes near the window, a few reboots...no GPS at all.
Updated to 1.7.9...just smooth...no problems; djigo says reboot. Done.
One minute after reboot (AC was always the same place all the time) i got 6-7 satellites: gps ready !
It maybe happened by chance but I didn't get GPS ready indoor, never !

I just updated this afternoon as well. The update was smooth and, as others have noted, I got GPS signal indoors at my computer desk where I hadn't in the past.
Am looking forward to the weather clearing so I can fly the bird and insure that all goes well while in the air.

I updated this afternoon, also picking up more satellites indoors than before.
I flew two batteries and had no issues. My standard flew like a champ.
One thing I did notice, on the second flight during the RTH I pushed the right stick and hit 72 km/h. Healthy drones confirmed that at 72.05 km/h. First flight shows top speed of 64.71 km/h. Healthy drones shows a tail wind of 13.72 km/h which isn't much.
I've never had speeds like that before, going to go out tomorrow and see what kind of speeds I get.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just updated mine tonight but it was already too dark outside to do a test flight. I had been having some GPS sensitivity issues on 1.6.8, it seems. Whenever I get to around 90-100 meters AGL, I lose GPS lock (The number of satellites would drop from say a healthy 11 to a dangerously low 4).

Prior to knowing the restrictions about flying, I've had successfully flown it to 250 meters AGL in the same vicinity using an older firmware without issue.

All the feedback on increased GPS sensitivity makes me hopeful and will sure be a welcome fix (no pun intended) for my P3S.

I live in quite a populated area in the UK. In the park where I usually fly it's normal for me to loose signal 150-200 metres away. This is an area with a lot of trees surrounding it, close to the M1 and phone towers. Since the upgrade video downlink is much more stable and distance has improved to around 350-400 metres. It has to be said that these observations are from a single flight but it looks very promising to me. Looking forwards to getting it to somewhere less populated where past experience has been much better. This is P3S stock everything.

Updated new firmware on P3s, took 10 mins will test out next day or so.

Updated this morning. Calibrated the gimbal and the IMU. It flew like a champ.

Wmcvey - nice results there! Are you running any other mods on your P3S like different antennae, windsurfer or Papatita db mod?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app
No software mod, but do have a DBS running three amps. At 4089 meters the app gave a brief warning of battery % and wanting to return. So I brought it back just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Flew my P3S for first time after firmware update, I was getting a constant warning on App.."Strong interference detected" i have been
reading other posts about this and its seems to be a glitch. I deleteted DJI App and reinstalled it and that should fix the issue. Cheers

Flew my P3S for first time after firmware update, I was getting a constant warning on App.."Strong interference detected" i have been
reading other posts about this and its seems to be a glitch. I deleteted DJI App and reinstalled it and that should fix the issue. Cheers
So did the uninstall and re-install of the Go app make the "Strong interference detected" go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.