New Firmware V01.04.0602

Had the same issue. Relink the RC and the drone. There's an option for that in the app and you have to press a button on the drone to link it.

This is a morning delight from DJI ... which I choose between two identical release ... ahaaha o_O
p4p_fw_LI.jpg

Any way my upgrade went fine and no RC relink needed.
Step I did if it can help:
  1. I prepared iPad with DJI Go 4 running and RC (switched off) connected to tablet
  2. I Used DJI Assistant 2 last release (for P4P)
  3. In DJI Assistant 2 I choosed first top firmware. Start upgrade...
  4. As soon as started AC upgrade, I switched on RC and enter device mode. I wait until DJI Go 4 says new firmware update for RC (getting many other warning and msgs). Than I switched off RC.
  5. When finished AC upgrade, I switched it off.
  6. Back to DJI Go 4 and switched on again RC and start RC firmware upgrade.
  7. Finally, when RC upgrade finished, I switched all off: RC, DJI Go4, AC.
  8. Well, now I started DJI Go4 app, then switch on RC. Assert connection between DJI Go and RC.
  9. Switch on AC and wait connection between RC and AC. In a while I got video feed and all controls.
  10. Be prepared to check all camera settings and customized options because everything stored in AC has wiped out.

Last edited:
Could launch the gimbal calibration, but it stuck at 68% and does the weird movement as in the video above. DJI has seriously broken things with this update.
I have the same issues, when calibrating gimbal there's no up/down calibration & the gimbal wheel on contoller has no input. Also affected camera, recording but video is blocky. My TV now says 'format not supported' when I try to play video back!?
They've bricked the camera too

OK, I was finally able to complete the firmware update but the number of hoops I needed to jump through is insane. As I mentioned before the firmware download ran through 100% but hung there. I finally shut the drone down then powered back up and when I went back into the GO 4 app it began the update. At the end of the update it said to unplug then replug the cable which I did, but that didn't do anything. So I then unplugged from the drone and connected to the RC and that did the trick. At this point the firmware was fully updated so I then switched from the iPad Pro to my Samsung S2 and it then indicated the update was NOT complete and the update continued -- it now appears to be fully done.

Frickin painful!

Brian,
That is why I was saying to plug the cable back into the transmitter. Their use of language sounded like it was suppose to stay plugged into the aircraft, but that was clearly poor wording and I should have made that more clear for you. At first I took it the same way as you, but after only a few minutes of seeing nothing happening, I moved the cable from aircraft to transmitter, and as you know, that is what they meant.
Glad you got it okay.

Having never been in China I wouldn't have used this setting, but have you checked to see if the option displayed in this screen is an issue.

Admittedly Just spitballing.

6634231574c39f556236adf5ff48679a.jpg
I'm using the P4P+ and after the upgrade I don't have the cache map option. In earlier versions we had google like maps on the flight screen map providing there is an internet connection now its a blank screen with 'home' and aircraft icons. Had a short flight today, had no other problems.

Just did my update via dji assistant and all went well, then updated Transmitter, quick test flight in the garden and all seems well, will get out later for a longer flight and see!

Yes, for the same reason, this is one firmware update that I wont be installing for a while. Besides Litchi, I'm also concerned about the need to fly where there is cell coverage.
I questioned CS about that, I asked how one was supposed to connect to DJI when in the middle of nowhere with no internet connection/cell coverage. They couldn't offer any solution. Idiotic idea imposing restrictions unless logged in to DJI

I'm using the P4P+ and after the upgrade I don't have the cache map option. In earlier versions we had google like maps on the flight screen map providing there is an internet connection now its a blank screen with 'home' and aircraft icons. Had a short flight today, had no other problems.

In the 4 pro help section you will find a post about map problems for the + unit. Maybe it will give you some help.

Search for:
"Phantom 4 pro + maps"

I hope it helps...

Steps I took to upgrade
  • Plug in RC to iPad
  • Turn on both P4P and RC
  • Open Go 4
  • Prompted to update No Fly DB. Needed to plug ipad directly to P4P
  • After No Fly DB stated it was finished I unplugged P4P from iPad and plugged right back in the same way.
  • Prompted to upgrade P4P firmware. This process took about 5 minutes.
  • Once completed it stated to unplug and plug back in to finish. I actually had to plug the RC into the iPad to finish the firmware update.
  • Once successful you can hit Go Fly but you are not done yet.
  • The Overall Status in the Aircraft status pane should show the controller needs firmware upgrade. Proceed with that.
  • After a few minutes of annoying beeps it will be finished.
  • Reboot the RC and all should be well
Hope that helps.

I updated both the drone and controller via smartphone and Go4 app, very easy, re-linked afterwards, all seems to work OK, but not flown yet (torrential rain here atm)

It seems the switch to toggle hdmi osd is missing on the Plus remote. A bit annoying!!

I am confused..Is Litchi a standalone app? Does it have to get "permission" from DJI to communicate with the bird? In other words, if I didn't want to upgrade and just choose to use Litchi exclusively,could I avoid the restrictions imposed by DJI?

Litchi is a standalone app but the geospatial flight restrictions (no-fly zones, altitude limits, etc.) are built into the aircraft firmware and cannot be bypassed by the control app.

Once completed it stated to unplug and plug back in to finish. I actually had to plug the RC into the iPad to finish the firmware update.
Good point. Exactly what I had to do also. It didn't specify to unplug from the phantom and plug it into the RC. I initially plugged it back into the phantom and it stayed at 99%, then I unplugged from the phantom and into the RC and it finished.

Just got dine testing on new FW. Oddly enough when i got at location and fired the p4p up it said firmware was out if date. I obliged and hit upgrade. A minute later she was good to go.

Manual flight when perfect. I also ran a mission on GS pro and that went flawless as well. I'm happy so far.

I have recently updated to the new firmware with little issues with the update process. That being said ever since I get these warning about the Radio Channel Quality. In places where I have never had trouble all I get is 2.4Ghz transmission errors. 5Ghz seems fine at the moment. Any ideas.
372637507cb33f022b13832456d3dc80.jpg

For all with pro4 plus upgrades to new firmware are crazy even with frequent visits to DJI service on line. First of all, the new manual says to download the assistant. Did that and after installing the file on my mac , could not find it - I was looking for a file that started with DJI assistant as in the past... Several hours later found a file called assistant finally! Now because you are on a mac you also need to download HoRNDIS.
The latest manual says for the plus you upgrade the drone first - the app won't recognize anything until you are connected, the controller is updated with a downloaded bin file to a micro SD then inserted into the controller and installed from the system. Did this, everything worked except there was no map - only for China - sigh- so, I finally reconnected to assistant, upgraded the drone, then connected to the controller which came up with"incompatible, would you like to download. YES - rolling percent to 100 and viola there is the right map! Hope this helps those of you with a 4+ who need to upgrade

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl