New Firmware V01.04.0602

Not sure why you do an IMU calibrate after every update without being prompted??? If it needs it should tell you is all I have ever been told.

I wonder what Litch will have to do in order to comply with the new DJI SDK? Think I'm gonna hold off on the V01.04.0602 firmware for a while, maybe a long while, maybe forever. o_O
The release notes say: "For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft." So, Litchi should be fine, but I'll test myself when I get home--if others haven't already beat me to it.

The release notes say: "For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft." So, Litchi should be fine, but I'll test myself when I get home--if others haven't already beat me to it.
OK, that's different than what was posted in the OP, maybe DJI updated the notes to lessen confusion. Please let us know what you find out.

I updated today via the DJI Go 4 app and it completed without issues.
Update was in three parts:
Geo data
Aircraft
Transmitter

Following the upgrades I reset a few settings, did a brief liftoff/hover, tested camera controls, and lastly, I pressed the screen option for an intelligent flight mode. All was okay except for a warning when entering the intelligent flight modes that said in part, I was in a restricted area and needed to agree with the terms. See attached. I will need to research what restricted area it is referencing, as I am not aware of any such restriction for my home area.

I have not done much more than a simple liftoff/hover/land, but asap I will put the craft, Go app, and Litchi through a full flight test.

They spelled the word restricted wrong, lol.

1e8d7e60c1b543cf2d9c4bfa948d601e.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe a little off topic, but to update to my above post regarding the restricted area, the only qualifying area near me is a California State Prison at or about 6 miles from me. This Prison was known to me already, but at its distance, I wouldn't have expect it to trigger this warning.

After this upgrade I lost my saved maps and the only maps shown on the map download screen is for China..
Had to re-link the controller, no problems with this but even with a good internet connection the flight screen map has zero detail.

After this upgrade I lost my saved maps and the only maps shown on the map download screen is for China..
Had to re-link the controller, no problems with this but even with a good internet connection the flight screen map has zero detail.

Having never been in China I wouldn't have used this setting, but have you checked to see if the option displayed in this screen is an issue.

Admittedly Just spitballing.

6634231574c39f556236adf5ff48679a.jpg

I updated today via the DJI Go 4 app and it completed without issues.
Update was in three parts:
Geo data
Aircraft
Transmitter

Following the upgrades I reset a few settings, did a brief liftoff/hover, tested camera controls, and lastly, I pressed the screen option for an intelligent flight mode. All was okay except for a warning when entering the intelligent flight modes that said in part, I was in a restricted area and needed to agree with the terms. See attached. I will need to research what restricted area it is referencing, as I am not aware of any such restriction for my home area.

I have not done much more than a simple liftoff/hover/land, but asap I will put the craft, Go app, and Litchi through a full flight test.

They spelled the word restricted wrong, lol.

1e8d7e60c1b543cf2d9c4bfa948d601e.jpg

Traveler, when you updated via the Go 4 app do you have to use the USB cable to connect between the tablet and bird?

Brian

Traveler, when you updated via the Go 4 app do you have to use the USB cable to connect between the tablet and bird?

Brian

Yes for the aircraft. At the end, 99% I believe it ask for the cable to be placed back to normal transmitter and it went to complete after that.

A little more data:
After the aircraft finished the signal between craft and transmitter was not working, but I just then proceeded to upgrade the transmitter next, again from the app, and after it was done the connection was fine between them.

Tim

Last edited:
Flew the new firmware today and everything was fine except the newly removed toggle for turning off smart go home..they did away with it. Also flew litchi which was fine except ONE PROBLEM. The reset gimbal function is not working right. Already reported to them.

Well, since I had problems with firmware updates using my Android tablet I then tried my iPad Pro and was able to get the firmware to download -- sort of. That is, it took about a minute or two for the download to go from zero to 100%, but it's hung at 100% for an hour. So, after an hour the screen still shows the folder with crap going into it with the progress bar showing "downloading 100%". The screen also says "don't leave the DJI GO 4 app".

Pathetic!

I'm going to have to stop this and have no idea if I'll be bricked or not!

Brian

Reactions: micke61
But here it is recommended.....
HOW TO: Install Phantom 4 firmware
Lots of people recommend it but It's still completely unnecessary.
Read p57 of your manual to see what DJI say baout when to recalibrate the compass.
And see if they say anything about recalibrating the IMU or anything else after firmware updates.

OK, I was finally able to complete the firmware update but the number of hoops I needed to jump through is insane. As I mentioned before the firmware download ran through 100% but hung there. I finally shut the drone down then powered back up and when I went back into the GO 4 app it began the update. At the end of the update it said to unplug then replug the cable which I did, but that didn't do anything. So I then unplugged from the drone and connected to the RC and that did the trick. At this point the firmware was fully updated so I then switched from the iPad Pro to my Samsung S2 and it then indicated the update was NOT complete and the update continued -- it now appears to be fully done.

Frickin painful!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart