New Firmware V01.04.0602

Hmmmmmm. I wonder what is the impact of this new firmware and warning on the Litchi application.
Yes, same question. The item below would seem to imply that the aircraft must be connected to DJI GO during flight(?) Surely that can't be..?

3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.

Hi S,

Saw this in the DJI Forum on the new firmware:

Litchi needs to be updated using DJI SDK 4.1. to bring in line. I'm not sure whether they've done that yet. One way to find out...

Who wants to be the first to try this out? LOL.

Don

Who wants to be the first to try this out? LOL.
I wonder what Litch will have to do in order to comply with the new DJI SDK? Think I'm gonna hold off on the V01.04.0602 firmware for a while, maybe a long while, maybe forever. o_O

Reactions: picky
To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged
into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.
What about using Litchi? I am not usually using both DJI GO 4 and Litchi at the same time. It isn't recommended, but now it sounds like there is no choice but to run both (other than not upgrading the firmware).

I wonder what Litch will have to do in order to comply with the new DJI SDK? Think I'm gonna hold off on the V01.04.0602 firmware for a while, maybe a long while, maybe forever. o_O
Yes, for the same reason, this is one firmware update that I wont be installing for a while. Besides Litchi, I'm also concerned about the need to fly where there is cell coverage.

I messaged Litchi on their Facebook page (wish they would get a regular forum) to ask them the impact of V01.04.0602 on their app.

Don Barar
Thanks. Please keep us posted on the forum. I don't use Facebook.

No need for internet connection. Its just as before.
Tested the firmware with the plus today. All ok.
Remote via sd card local
P4p via ass2 > re-login

3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged

This is concerning. Does this affect 3rd party apps? Not that I ever upgrade firmware anyway...

To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.
I heard that you must log into your account after the update. I assumed that was a one time sync thing. What I take that statement to mean is that if you're just flying the bird without the app at all your flight will be limited. We know you can fly without the app- always could. Now you'll be limited doing that. I'm guessing that's what this means.

This is concerning. Does this affect 3rd party apps?
I don't think we know yet. It sounds like things might be broken until 3rd party app vendors support the new API but someone will need to be brave and test. Until there are some definite answers I would not update if 3rd party support is important.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I plan to hook up only my p4p to assistant 2 and update it. Once it's completed and rebooted, turn it off. Then turn on only the rc and do that firmware update through the app. Once rebooted, turn on the bird as usual too. This is how I always did it with the P3, albeit with an SD card. It was always the bird and rc separately without the other on and then when complete, turning them both on to connect. If for the p4p the phone app disturbs this process, I wouldn't use the app. I'd use assistant 2 to keep the bird isolated from the rc when updating.

Of course I read the entirety of this thread as I'm in the middle of rolling back my firmware...

I also updated RC and P4P and had no Image transmission first, then eventually no contact with the aircraft. I tried refreshing the latest firmware via Assistant with no joy. I'm rolling back right now, but I'll re-up to the latest and try re-linking the RC.

Can confirm: you have to re-link the RC after the update. It wiped out most of my settings in the app. neato.

Hallo. After update to New Firmware V01.04.0602 I have big problem with the stability during the fly. I done this video today evening, absolutly no wind and in the picture you can see vibration. Do you have somebody the some problem?

Firmware Update for the Phantom 4 Pro (V 01.04.0602)
and Advanced (V 01.00.0128) released.

What’s New?

1. Updated No-Fly Zone Management.

2. Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.

3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged

4. Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight

5. Optimized obstacle sensing to reduce detection errors at high altitudes. (Phantom 4 Advanced Only)

As usual, any update with the + controller is an adventure. Total update took an hour with 1 call to tech support and a lot of reboots. Warning - All of those device settings like joystick sensitivity that you finally got just the way you want it - gets reset to default. Take a minute and go through and record all your settings before you update!

Hallo. After update to New Firmware V01.04.0602 I have big problem with the stability during the fly. I done this video today evening, absolutly no wind and in the picture you can see vibration. Do you have somebody the some problem?
I had a similar problem with gimbal and ran through a gimbal calibration and that cured my issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl