New Firmware V01.04.0602

Reaction score
Firmware Update for the Phantom 4 Pro (V 01.04.0602)
and Advanced (V 01.00.0128) released.

What’s New?

1. Updated No-Fly Zone Management.

2. Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.

3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged
into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.

4. Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight

5. Optimized obstacle sensing to reduce detection errors at high altitudes. (Phantom 4 Advanced Only)

Reactions: tak5501
Weird Gimbal movement while upgrading. Also no connection between RC and aircraft afterwards
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lost the ability to connect the RC to the drone as well. Any ideas for a fix? Feels like we just got our gear bricked!

I show an rc update as well. I haven't done them yet. You are doing both right? Can you roll back this firmware?

Everything updated as per DJI's instructions (downloaded RC firmware, copied to SD card, did the update on the controller). Update went well, there's just no connection anymore to the drone.

SD card? Where did those instructions come from. Isn't it through the app or assistant 2 software now for the p4p?

The app is at 4.1.0. You're current with the app?

Reactions: SurfnSkate81
Instructions are on DJI's website. For the P4P+ you update the controller via downloading its firmware and placing it on an SD card and updating via that. Assistant 2 is for updating the drone itself.

Got the connection back by toggling the frequency from 5.8G to 2.4G. Can launch the app, but don't have an image signal. Investigating further.

Could launch the gimbal calibration, but it stuck at 68% and does the weird movement as in the video above. DJI has seriously broken things with this update.

Guess I lucked out. I went to update earlier and it refused because I didn't have at least 50% battery. Guess I'll hold off for now.

Well this is stupid and I got a shoot on the weekend. Also it seems that the camera tilt wheel doesn't do anything anymore. Is there a way to do a complete factory reset on P4P+ and its controller? It's not like iOS app that one could reinstall.

Make sure to link your RC again if there's no image signal after the update. Had to do this also.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes linking the RC will fix it. After I linked the RC I was getting horrible video feed, led on RC was blinking red,green,red,green extremely fast. I updated firmware on RC and all is good. The real test when come tomorrow when I fly;)

Mine got stuck at 99% had upgrade via assistant 2 then RC would not see P4P and had to relink, all ok now

90% of the places I fly has no cell service! I will never update in that case if I need cell connection to fly further then I can throw my P4. If they don't want you to fly in a populated area but you need cell service, ummm I don't get it! This will not work for me living in Northern Ontario. If I update, will dji help me with my moving costs because this will not fly! literally!

Last edited:
Reactions: OOO and jlrsn
I have a P4 and received the following msg this morning when I turned on the DJI app.
"Notice of Firmware Update
1. After the latest firmware update, your flight altitude will be limited to 30m and 50m respectively, if you start without first connecting to a DJI compatible app and logging into your DJI account.
2. If you are not satisfied with this update, you can revert to older firmware using DJI Assistant 2.
IGNORE. /. AGREE"

I installed the 4.1.0 app 2 weeks ago.

What does this firmware update WARNING mean?

What must I do to comply if necessary?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31