New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

I can already let you know what my first impressions will be. Waypoints, follow me and POI will be cool... for a day or two. Then I will never use Waypoints and follow me again. POI might be used once or twice after that. CL and HL will be used once to see how they work and then not again after that. These are the two nice features that would be the most useful to people. For me, I'd rather just use the drone icon on the map to know what direction to move and the orange line to show me how to fly back. What I'm also saying is that the P3, for me, is so good right now that I have little use for these features. But also, options are _always_ good. Personally, I'd rather see DJI do things like expand what can be bound to the keys on the underside of the controller and other things.

Sorry... 2.7k for Advance fliers is huge in this release.

I've used several 3rd party apps but don't know that I'll invest in them on the P3. Some (still) have terrible UI and others don't really add much more then Go already has. I'll wait and see what new things they will be adding in the future.

See... got my "first impressions" out of the way already.

Reactions: Fplvert
Of course, that is part of the equation.. Hopefully they already have the updated Go app approved and staged for Apple and Google..
Assuming they have already gotten approvals before they announced the date, at least my hope!

Of course, that is part of the equation.. Hopefully they already have the updated Go app approved and staged for Apple and Google..
Assuming they have already gotten approvals before they announced the date, at least my hope!

DJI did say they have been approved and time slot loaded into the stores for release, but then you never know.

Please advise if they removed the 32 ch hack on new firmware and Go App. Thanks

No It will still work. I'm using it now as I already have the app and firmware.

Reactions: Fplvert and ianwood
As mentioned, I'd highly recommend deleting and then reinstalling Go and not updating. Let's face it... DJI just does not do a great job with updates.
I think they are leaving the directory in place because of the video and pics that are cached, and Director data. But it would be common sense to remove the rest of the data. I'm at a loss!

What gets me about this is the amount of people who are gonna jump and download the firmware. Isn't it always better to wait??

What gets me about this is the amount of people who are gonna jump and download the firmware. Isn't it always better to wait??
Sure.. If you like to see yourself as a follower, leaching off the experience and potential risk that others are willing to take to make your life potentially safer. Seems fair to me! When you wait, do you thank all those that went before you for their service?

Hell no! They did it out of their own curiosity and to self serve themselves! Their initial intentions are not to be a beta tester but to be the first to have the new technology in their hands! I wouldn't expect a thank you, it's the chance you take to be the cool kid on the block! [emoji8]

Reactions: Fplvert
That's probably true in some cases. But it doesn't change the fact that without their potentially misaligned risk taking, you wouldn't have the opportunity to a lot of thing.

If DJI releases it on the actual day they say they are, that may be a first! :p

I have always been huge on waiting when new firmware comes out. But knowing 1st hand all about this coming update for both the app and firmware, I can say it is very stable. Everything that I remember being a issue has since been taken care of on both formats.

Coming out just in time for when I get my P3P next week :)

But Sammy :)
If no one does it you would never know.
I think with the new beta tester setup they have everything should be bugged out.

The real first adopters are the beta testers. The real problem is that beta testers are usually pretty tech savvy and don't muck up the installation or configuration. The early adopters after release are not quite as adept and some are just **** incompetent. Unfortunately, what gets reported here is a blend of all that and you still just wind up taking a chance whenever you download.

Reactions: Sammynels

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.