New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

DJI.JPG

All updated, everything looks good except this. Reformatted the card twice, still the same. Any ideas?

Why in the apple app you have both compass and map shown at the same time (one bottom left and the other bottom right) and on android only map or compass on bottom left side?

What is the emergency stop when flying in these modes? In third party apps its a quick flick on the mode switch to F to P is that the same with these modes in DJI GO?
I just flip the switch (back to P) and take control of the drone

I always fly as if I were on board. Not virtually on board, really on board. I have no problem double checking every last thing I can double check. They can tell me I've wasted all that energy when I'm old and grey and still have my P3P. If my bird ever goes down I'll know there was nothing I could have done.
As do many people. And for the most part that is probably the best path to follow. But it also gives a far higher opportunity for error. If you calibrate once and fly 100 times, you end up with a total odds or error being somewhere like .5% If you calibrate every time, you have no better than 50% odds across ALL flights. That doesn't mean your wrong in doing it! But is does put you at a significantly higher risk.

View attachment 29938
All updated, everything looks good except this. Reformatted the card twice, still the same. Any ideas?
Did you format it in the quad via the RC or externally through card reader and PC? I know that cameras can be fussy how cards are formatted, maybe the P3 is as well. If you did it one way, why not try the other - just in cases.

So I did the POI test like 3 time and now I got the handle on it, waiting till it cools down it a hot day in Nashville (Heat Index of 101) to try the other two modes, need to get a Segway/Golf Cart to test the follow me!

Reactions: mirrorimage
Did you format it in the quad via the RC or externally through card reader and PC? I know that cameras can be fussy how cards are formatted, maybe the P3 is as well. If you did it one way, why not try the other - just in cases.

Thought of that but I can't find in the app, (IOS), where to do that. I went to setting/advanced settings/ format data recorder but that is not it as it don't touch the card.

Thought of that but I can't find in the app, (IOS), where to do that. I went to setting/advanced settings/ format data recorder but that is not it as it don't touch the card.

OK, found it, in the camera settings/more area. It's all good now. Going to try it out later when it cools down a little

Reactions: Man.Of.Kent
32 Channel Mod works great. I've never had the mod installed, and only had my P3P for about a week. I installed the new firmware and new iOS app. Then I saw you all talking about the 'hack' so I went an applied it.

So what's the best use of the 32 channels?
I definitely had video cutting out quickly. Is a higher freq channel better? Is auto okay? Recommendations please.

I can't seem to get the Remote to update firmware (via USB)
Saw comment that anything after 1.3.20 was via IOS

Also saw something that said RC update not required,
I'm just wondering if others are getting their RC updated.

Using an Iphone 6 with App Version 2.2.0

No warnings/comments about needing an update
just thought it would all match.

What (if anything) am I missing?
I had problems not being able to update the RC. I was trying to use the 1.4 version like I had used to up update the Phantom firmware. I deleted that firmware and downloaded the 1.3 version and was able to update the RC.

Happy to report another successful test of the new firmware with autopilot flight options. The waypoints do have to be set manually first time. Dead easy but I can see why some people would want ground station updates to the waypoints without taking off and having to fly them. It does a decent job of keeping everything smooth so you can move the humble and yaw it while the route is being flown. Should give much smoother results with practise than doing flight and camera all at the same time, just plot your points at various heights and its silky smooth. POI is also cool and dead easy to set up. Update with confidence, no issues here with iPhone 6 and P3P!! Looking forward to Autopilot from auto flight logic when the new version drops

Haven't seen it confirmed if the new firmware supports the SDK yet. Auto flight have a lot riding on it

Reactions: snerd

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews