New Firmware for Phantom 3 Adv is Available (06/07/2017)

Upgraded my P3A

1) my DJI GO write me that i have latest firmware - 1.10 (doesnt know about new 1.11)
2) upgraded from SD card
3) VERY UNSTABLE connection with remote. Remote LED began to blink from green to red. Very quickly.
4) downgraded to the previous firmware.

A few minutes ago my remote was upgraded to a new version of remote-firmware (1.9).
Now it works with 1.11 excellent!

All who wants, can upgrade to 1.11 without any fear.

Excellent news.... :) Might give it a go as I really do need to be current !

Can anyone help. Downloaded latest version for P3P from DJI. Put it on SD card. Started up and all that is happening is that the rear LED are flashing for the last 30 minutes. Nothing happening at all?

Can anyone help. Downloaded latest version for P3P from DJI. Put it on SD card. Started up and all that is happening is that the rear LED are flashing for the last 30 minutes. Nothing happening at all?
Did you unzip the file?

Upgraded my P3A

1) my DJI GO write me that i have latest firmware - 1.10 (doesnt know about new 1.11)
2) upgraded from SD card
3) VERY UNSTABLE connection with remote. Remote LED began to blink from green to red. Very quickly.

I might be wrong, but doesn't the RC have to be firmware updated as well?
The release notes say to restart both and perhaps also relink after updating to avoid issues

Drive_20170706_215007.png

Last edited:
Look on to the small tiny LED in the front of camera gimbal. If it blinks green-to red - firmware updating.
If it blinks green - update successfull. If it blinks red - update failed - try again.

P.S.
It likes to be cold when updates. In this hot summer you had to use home air-conditioner or a cooler to cool the drone gimbal board.
In hot ambient air it cant update due to overheating and update fails.
I tried twice and only when i turned-up my home air-conditioner and put the drone close to it - update was successfull.

I upgrade both firmware of phantom 3 and rc... Successful... But then rc cannot connect to drone... Please help
If you didn't read the release notes, look two posts above yours where it notes to reboot and relink. Maybe give that a try.

I'm not sure I really like item 2 in the "What's New" summary, but then again, I thought you HAD to be logged into the DJI Go app to even fly the darn thing ! Heck I'd want it down on the ground anyway if there was no connection.

So, what are they REALLY saying, does anybody know ? It seems to me there's more and more restrictions coming down with these firmware updates

I'm not sure I really like item 2 in the "What's New" summary, but then again, I thought you HAD to be logged into the DJI Go app to even fly the darn thing ! Heck I'd want it down on the ground anyway if there was no connection.

So, what are they REALLY saying, does anybody know ? It seems to me there's more and more restrictions coming down with these firmware updates
You can check out the video below or search for one of the many threads about the restrictions since it was announced at the end of May. The video is not a Phantom, but you'll still get the overall idea. Cheers!

Since i updated the firmware of my P3Adv and the RC i have a strange problem (and yes i had to rebind the RC to the bird). Everytime i startup the RC he begins to beep and the led is blinking red. When i connect DJI Go app it tels me to calibrate the RC what i do. But when i restart the RC there it is again. after 3 times RC calibration it worked. I flyed one battery and it began to rain. so i could not try it with a second battery if those troubles came back.
Anybody had the same problem with the RC and what did you do to solve that problem ?

You just need to re calibrated the TX - activate the re cal via the go app and just follow the screen instructions - it just needs to re learn the stick end points, then restart all should be good - i had the same thing

Upgraded my P3A

2) upgraded from SD card

That flashing led sounds like you also need to upgrade the RC firmware as well.
I had to when I upgraded both of my p3as to 1.11.20.
Both of mine did the broken up signal & the rd/gn flashing link light on the RC.
The rc upgrade was to 1.9.2+ from 1.6
If you have trouble downloading it, you need to have 30meg of spare memory in the phone/tablet.
From experience!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor