New firmware for P3S?

I updated to 1.8.10 should I return the drone ?

If your drone is flying fine after the upgrade no need to return. The bulk of the upgrades to 1.8.10 have been going just fine. It seems the previous version had some major issues, but 1.8.10 is fine, especially if you jumped over the previous one.

Basically the proof is in the flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Okay I just got it a couple days ago and first 2 minutes I needed an update which was 1.8.10 , I keep getting image transmission issue few feet in air do you know how to fix

DJI should revamp their procedures of new firmware updates...more announcements and for SURE make the actual upgrading of the firmware by all of us a MUCH easier process. Make it happen with single clicks of the mouse.

this fixed mine with same problem.
I did the firmware update this morning, it even gave me the success in the text but got that load constant beep when I went to go fly. In looking for an answer I found this post, and so I did let it beep a long time with the firmware upgrade bin file on the card, it took about 25 minutes of that beep and during that time made a few variations like two beeps out of sync for a while, then two loud beeps in sync for another few minutes, then it stopped. I then checked and the card had the text file and it said success, and the next time I turned it on, it was good and I just got back to my computer after flying it for two batteries worth of flight and everything is good. But man was I concerned I had messed it all up. Thanks for this post.

Okay I just got it a couple days ago and first 2 minutes I needed an update which was 1.8.10 , I keep getting image transmission issue few feet in air do you know how to fix

I just posted in reply to another post in this thread and I must mention during my flight with the first battery I lost signal to my screen even coming all the way back in it would not show an image. Once I turned it off and put in a new battery and restarted my phone / flight screen the second flight with off without a hitch, and also let me go the normal distance, when it went out during the first battery I was just about 300 feet directly overhead without even moving away from being over the home spot.

Reactions: PhantomEvan
Okay thanks , you recommend restarting phone and recalibratibg the IMU and gps to fix the image transmission ?

in my case this morning the screen was frozen when it lost signal and so I had to restart the phone, all else was done when I did each upgrade, when I did the controller it made me re calibrate it, but when I did go to fly it did not ask me to re calibrate the bird.

looks like you just got your flying camera Cassady, I have had mine since the middle of last year. The last two times I flew it kept beeping for a long time trying to tell me to update the firmware, but I remembered how much problem it caused the first time I did that a month after I bought it last year. I was hoping if I ignored it it would stop asking me to update but it would not. I so dislike updates, 90% of the time it may fix one problem but causes some other issue, I wanted to keep using what I had because I was having no problem, I don't understand why they make an update such an issue if everything is working fine. They should simply say there is an update available and let it go at that, but to beep the entire flight each time you fly is silly.

I keep loosing connection at very close distance. Does anyone know how to fix problem ? P3S

I did my update yesterday afternoon. It all went through fine, except after I restarted everything I had no video on my camera, just a white screen. Restarted everything again and same issue. Had to go out for an hour so I left it, when I came back, restarted everything again and all worked fine, go figure!

My bird currently flies great. Do I need to do the update or can I continue to fly as is with out an update?

Yeah, me too. I can't get my extra one to update despite trying a number of times.
Hooray! After sunrise flight this morning I had a blue bar across the top of the app screen saying 'update downloaded' and a greyed out section at bottom of the apps home page offering an option to download. I was hoping it was just to update my battery. So I loaded the 48% charged new battery, turned the bird on and hit the download option. The status bar only took about a minute until it reached the end so I figured it was just the battery update. Turns out it was successful.

Does anyone know how to fix image transmission problems ?

I understand that having an issue can be frustrating but asking the same question 6 times is a little much.

Please explain what you are experiencing in greater detail so it can be determined if its user error. Did you relink your RC after the update? Did you have the issue before the update? Did the update complete properly? Are you blocking your 2.4 antenna's? Are they positioned properly in alignment with the drone? Have you read the manual?

I was losing wifi under 1.6.8 quite soon and decided to upgrade today. First got 'update failed', oops. Bird could be rebooted but kept beeping. Did the update again and it succeeded! Tested it and could go 300m high! New personal record. Before 100m was challenging. Distance I didn't test yet.

I was losing wifi under 1.6.8 quite soon and decided to upgrade today. First got 'update failed', oops. Bird could be rebooted but kept beeping. Did the update again and it succeeded! Tested it and could go 300m high! New personal record. Before 100m was challenging. Distance I didn't test yet.

I had that before I updated it 100m high and losing video but it was in an urban area so that may have affected it because where I flew the day before it reached 100m with no issues at all and yes I know it's not that high but I'm still building up gradually only having it 3 weeks lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor