New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

Only problem I had is DJ

Yes tested on 2 different P3s, FPV is still a bit laggy but signal is full on FPV and range 1.2km. Previously on 1.6.80 it was 300-350m same area.

wow sounds great, I'm exciting to update my p3s and experience the new range...but this is just beta version, I think there may be some errors, even RTH not working probably or flying away in a worst case ???? :(

wow sounds great, I'm exciting to update my p3s and experience the new range...but this is just beta version, I think there may be some errors, even RTH not working probably or flying away in a worst case ???? :(
I have been using it since Thursday and have not had any negative issues, it resolved my range and connection issues and RTH works just as it should as well as all the flying modes etc... Nothing seems buggy or has a feeling of "being worked on"
It's been great for me.

I have been using it since Thursday and have not had any negative issues, it resolved my range and connection issues and RTH works just as it should as well as all the flying modes etc... Nothing seems buggy or has a feeling of "being worked on"
It's been great for me.
Did you use the link in this thread? Did it automatically download to your computer?

I must admit some of the 'language' is a wee bit over my head
My P3S and I only have a 3 week relationship.....but would really love to find a simple way of addressing this firmware issue
As it is my range won't go above 70m. Any help out there for a simpleton like me?
Billy, A few weeks ago I installed a ARGtek antenna extender on my P3S. I was previously getting a distance of 1800'-2000' and 600' altitude stock. After the mod I was getting maybe 800'-900' distance and 300' altitude. I redid my cabled and checked connections. All is good there byt the range was still poor. At this minute I am doing the Firmware upgrade as described in this thread. I will report back after a test flight. Others report a great improvement. I have my fingers crossed.

Reactions: BillyP13
I installed .0084 on the drone today and took a couple of flights. I live in a fairly congested neighborhood (USA) with a lot of trees around and neighbors with WiFi. In one particular path/direction I am able to do some long-distance testing right from my driveway and I've been amazed at the results even on 1.6.8 firmware. All results are at about 400ft elevation.
Previous best with only a Windsurfer - 5085ft
Installed new DBS Mod yesterday (no amps) - 6500ft last night which showed that the DBS Mod appears to help (good news as I just bought it)
Installed .0084 Beta Firmware today and got 5838ft in the same general direction.

I guess I'm lucky that the 1.6.8 firmware doesn't appear to impact me as much as others which I can't seem to explain. I was hoping that the new firmware would boost things even further but I'm already going a pretty decent distance without amps. In other directions around my house I usually can't get past 2500ft at same elevation which is likely where the most interference comes into play.

Are these results comparable to others running DBS or ARGTek mods without amps?

Tried the beta today - definitely better. I'm not ready to say it is fixed as I still had RC Lost issues at distances I did not expect (200ft altitude and 500 feet distance from remote). Will post again after more tests.

Tried the beta today - definitely better. I'm not ready to say it is fixed as I still had RC Lost issues at distances I did not expect (200ft altitude and 500 feet distance from remote). Will post again after more tests.
Same problems

I installed .0084 on the drone today and took a couple of flights. I live in a fairly congested neighborhood (USA) with a lot of trees around and neighbors with WiFi. In one particular path/direction I am able to do some long-distance testing right from my driveway and I've been amazed at the results even on 1.6.8 firmware. All results are at about 400ft elevation.
Previous best with only a Windsurfer - 5085ft
Installed new DBS Mod yesterday (no amps) - 6500ft last night which showed that the DBS Mod appears to help (good news as I just bought it)
Installed .0084 Beta Firmware today and got 5838ft in the same general direction.

I guess I'm lucky that the 1.6.8 firmware doesn't appear to impact me as much as others which I can't seem to explain. I was hoping that the new firmware would boost things even further but I'm already going a pretty decent distance without amps. In other directions around my house I usually can't get past 2500ft at same elevation which is likely where the most interference comes into play.

Are these results comparable to others running DBS or ARGTek mods without amps?

I'm in the same boat as you. My range seems pretty decent with the 1.6. Of course I wish it were better, but I'm not ready to risk trying for a beta. I guess I'm not that desperate with having cut outs at 100 feet out. I'm seeing upwards of 13000ft with my modded P3S.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Hungluu165
I'm in the same boat as you. My range seems pretty decent with the 1.6. Of course I wish it were better, but I'm not ready to risk trying for a beta. I guess I'm not that desperate with having cut outs at 100 feet out. I'm seeing upwards of 13000ft with my modded P3S.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Would you mind providing a summary of the mods you are using?

if i upgrade with this, can i downgrade for 1.6, then 1.5 ? Please help, because the answer is yes, i would like to try this beta... :)

Billy, A few weeks ago I installed a ARGtek antenna extender on my P3S. I was previously getting a distance of 1800'-2000' and 600' altitude stock. After the mod I was getting maybe 800'-900' distance and 300' altitude. I redid my cabled and checked connections. All is good there byt the range was still poor. At this minute I am doing the Firmware upgrade as described in this thread. I will report back after a test flight. Others report a great improvement. I have my fingers crossed.
Tried a test flight this afternoon and range was exceptionally better considering the "hole" I am in with hills and trees. Achieved 600' altitude and about 1300-1400 feet distance. FW update seems to have worked. I will have to test it in a more open area later this week.

No luck for me w/ the beta firmware - the problem continues. I'm boxing it up to send it back right now - I've tried all other options.

No luck for me w/ the beta firmware - the problem continues. I'm boxing it up to send it back right now - I've tried all other options.
Did you do a continuity check on the cables with them unplugged?

U mean u have tried wind surfer / downgrade firmware or any other mods and still not getting better range?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1