New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

Doesn't. Same pass.
Only drone gets updated if you're going from 1.6.8 . So you have to redo the mod on drone only.
I downgraded to 1.5.70+ so should I upgrade to 1.6.80 before updating to 1.7.82, or is it OK to go straight from 1.5.70+ to 1.7.82?

I think I’ll try 1.7.82 without the mod first to see how it affects the range.

Last edited:
I downgraded to 1.5.70+ so should I upgrade to 1.6.80 before updating to 1.7.82, or is it OK to go straight from 1.5.70+ to 1.7.82?

I think I’ll try 1.7.82 without the mod first to see how it affects the range.

If you downgraded then you have 1.5.7 in drone and 1.6.8 in remote.
I don't think there should be an issue going straight to 1.7.8. It will update necessary bits. DJI upgrade process is well automated and it's one of the very few things I like about DJI.

Reactions: mike.alexander
DJI Support confirmed me yesterday that this update is coming out later this week and it's going to fix RC range issue
For CE or FAA mode, or both??

I decided to just install the firmware, and take the chance. No issues with the install.

I can report :
Prior to this firmware, using 1.6.8 - I was only able to achieve about 900-1000FT across from my house overtop the golf course, I live in a very crowded area so Its understandable my range will be affected here, I don't often fly it here anyways.
However, after this firmware installed - I was easily able to get about 2000FT in this crowded area. I could of went further I believe, but its getting a bit dark/windy out.

So... This may fix many peoples issues with range!

Does anyone know if this FW is now available for official download in the UK? I'm still on the 1.5.7+ fix at the moment and am unsure if I should upgrade. Do I have to go to 1.6.80 first? Or can I go straight to 1.7.8? My GO App says new FW available but only shows 1.6.80. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-T715 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does anyone know if this FW is now available for official download in the UK? I'm still on the 1.5.7+ fix at the moment and am unsure if I should upgrade. Do I have to go to 1.6.80 first? Or can I go straight to 1.7.8? My GO App says new FW available but only shows 1.6.80. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

As far as I know, as of right now nothing official has been released

Are you saying the 1.7.84 has been released today officially via the DJI Go app, or are you using the link and upgrading manually via the SD card?

Reactions: Jpk and Wilus12345
OK. ...downloaded the FW to the root directory on ST. ...started beeping as normal on an update....then stuck on one long beep and displayed UPDATE Failed. I'm cu

Weird......no word of this at all over on the DJI Forums, not even any threads from people curious to ask about the firmware update which is supposed to be out or coming out.

Reactions: rellinb

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik