P3 Standard firmware mods

Reaction score
Hi all,

I can confirm/reconfirm that the modification of the flight parameters in firmware 1.09.0200 are possible. I am flying long missions using Litchi for over a year now and what I was mostly interested in was the removal of auto-landing on low battery. Instructions for how to are available on the internet using python 3
I had a bit of headache with Python on Windows so I just installed Ubuntu on a laptop and all worked fine from there.
Trying to update the parameters in two P3 Standard I come across first issue. One updated just fine while the other refused to start the update (even holding pressed the remote link button during initialisation' as recommended by the creator of the mod).
The solution in this case was to swap the cameras.....Not sure of the cause of this. Maybe different main boards on the cameras? Both P3S, both on 1.09.0200

I carried on tests before sending the bird away on a usual mission using last Litchi/Android and I got in a couple of trials in forced auto landing mode. Flying with no app, no problems, bird in the air at 0 procent, flying happy.
I noticed that in the last Litchi app the first press on the bird battery icon will display low battery warning 15% and auto land 10%. A second press will display 0 for both as should after the mods.
Seems that in newer Litchi there is an added feature against mods which can trigger an auto land but not necessarily right at the beginning of the mission or flight.

I have an older Android phone with Litchi 4.1.2 on it which cannot update Litchi. I get an error compatibility mode.
So I connected this one and went on the bird battery. 0 on both parameters from first press! Flying around ok. Flying missions with remote on or off for testing purpose bellow 10% battery all ok. Sent in usual missions, all went ok.

So be very careful of updating flying apps with modified hardware. Fly safe!

If anybody knows how to ftp or telnet in the last firmware let me know, please!
There is a thread about enabling FCC on the 5.8 but no firmware or detailed instructions given.
Or a true downgrade to 1.06 ....., apparently the last firmware which allowed root ftp access. Why I am saying true downgrade? Reading the downgrade log you will see a notice that some module cannot be downgraded.

Whit firmware version is the best for Phantom 3 standard?
Sorry but I do not have an answer to this. I am using the latest firmware. There was a lot of talk around this subject, read as much as you can and decide for yourself.
I am not, personally, able to do a 100% firmware downgrade anyway. In the update result text file, I always get messages regarding modules that were not updated, even if I get a successful update according to aircraft "beeping".
I am not aware of any issues with Phantom Advanced/Standard caused by the latest firmware and apps in relation to Litchi Waypoint mission, my favorite way of flying. If you are after a longer range in manual flying, probably amplifiers are your best solution plus the physical positioning of the RC in relation to AC, plus the level of interference at the flying location. The above statement is in relation to "stock" software, unaltered.
The main points for me are perfect GPS screening against the internal interference, best compass calibration you can get, top condition battery, freshly charged and regular visual inspection of the flying hardware.
Thank you for your question.

Sorry but I do not have an answer to this. I am using the latest firmware. There was a lot of talk around this subject, read as much as you can and decide for yourself.
I am not, personally, able to do a 100% firmware downgrade anyway. In the update result text file, I always get messages regarding modules that were not updated, even if I get a successful update according to aircraft "beeping".
I am not aware of any issues with Phantom Advanced/Standard caused by the latest firmware and apps in relation to Litchi Waypoint mission, my favorite way of flying. If you are after a longer range in manual flying, probably amplifiers are your best solution plus the physical positioning of the RC in relation to AC, plus the level of interference at the flying location. The above statement is in relation to "stock" software, unaltered.
The main points for me are perfect GPS screening against the internal interference, best compass calibration you can get, top condition battery, freshly charged and regular visual inspection of the flying hardware.
Thank you for your question.

Dji go app requested to me that I must install latest firmware, after that my drone does not fly about 40-50 meters, I tried a lot of step, but still it is not working good : (

Dji go app requested to me that I must install latest firmware, after that my drone does not fly about 40-50 meters, I tried a lot of step, but still it is not working good : (
Please check if beginner mode isn't enabled in DJI Go app. My understanding is that you can get past 40 or 50 meters from home point. If you are on the last firmware also you must have a phone or tabled connected to Phantom's WiFi and an app such as DJI Go or Litchi running to fly past 30 meters from home point

Please check if beginner mode isn't enabled in DJI Go app. My understanding is that you can get past 40 or 50 meters from home point. If you are on the last firmware also you must have a phone or tabled connected to Phantom's WiFi and an app such as DJI Go or Litchi running to fly past 30 meters from home point

No, I have turned off beginner mode.
I tried Litchi also, but after 30 meters RC signal lost : (

I have not any idea what I must do

Looks like hardware problem,
1 open both remote and aircraft and check all antenna connections and cables. 2 on aircraft, 2 on gimbal and 3 on remote. If still bad
2 link and test with another remote, you need to find someone willing to help. If still bad
3 buy a new "motherboard" for drone. I recommend aliexpress I bought one from them. Brand new about 120 USD if I remember well. You will have to wait about 3 or 4 weeks. My pick is that the culprit is the drone's 5.8 GHz receiver located on the main board but let's hope you are the lucky one. To replace the board you need a good soldering iron

Last edited:
No, I have turned off beginner mode.
I tried Litchi also, but after 30 meters RC signal lost : (

I have not any idea what I must do
The communication between p3s and it's remote is done as follows. Commands are sent from remote in 5.8 GHz. Video feed and telemetry reports are sent in 2.4 GHz from the 2.4 GHz transmitter located in the gimbal back to ground station. In a stock P3s you will usually loose the 5.8 link before 2.4. The 2.4 GHz radio wave has better penetration thus can reach further.

Soldering a new main board.

You will need to de solder and resolder 26 joints. 2 for main power supply, 12 for motors and 12 for the LED lights. It is not hard but it has to be done properly. The failure of a main supply joint will cause a sudden shut down of the drone. The failure of one of the 12 motor joints will stop one motor. The drone will spin out of control and hit the ground as hard as in the first scenario.
3 and 4 rotor copters will not remain airborne if one motor fails. The joints should be as well protected against vibration with an suitable adhesive.
If you don't have a mechanical interruption on the hardware, check transmitter (other remote) or replace drone main board.
Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31