Updated my Firmware - have I missed anything?

Reaction score
Near Rugeley Staffordshire, United Kingdom
When I bought my P3A a few weeks ago the GO app was telling me to update the firmware but I did a couple of short flights as it was delivered and now that the UK winter weather and wind has prevented me from getting out doors to fly the thing I thought I'd do the update.

It was frustrating to find so many articles on how to do the update, and the bin file being named P3S was confusing. I updated the drone and thought - we all know what thought can do - I had to to update the RC with the same bin file but there was no repsonse to the card being conneted to the RC usb.

The App then "told" me to upgrade the RC firmware and this was done sucessfully using the app while the tablet was connected to the internet and the RC.

Ive been using the sim for some practice and the app showed a battery firmware update message so after more reading realised that 1 of my 2 batteries had been updated alongside the drone so today the seond battery has been updated in the drone.

Now the app shows all the firmware to be upto date: the app is Ver 3.1.26 whilstthe drone and batteries are at Ver 1.11 20.

At last my question: Have I missed anything in this updating process?

Thanks from a grateful beginner

Patrick

Reactions: dronex123
Reactions: JoBe
When I bought my P3A a few weeks ago the GO app was telling me to update the firmware but I did a couple of short flights as it was delivered and now that the UK winter weather and wind has prevented me from getting out doors to fly the thing I thought I'd do the update.

It was frustrating to find so many articles on how to do the update, and the bin file being named P3S was confusing. I updated the drone and thought - we all know what thought can do - I had to to update the RC with the same bin file but there was no repsonse to the card being conneted to the RC usb.

The App then "told" me to upgrade the RC firmware and this was done sucessfully using the app while the tablet was connected to the internet and the RC.

Ive been using the sim for some practice and the app showed a battery firmware update message so after more reading realised that 1 of my 2 batteries had been updated alongside the drone so today the seond battery has been updated in the drone.

Now the app shows all the firmware to be upto date: the app is Ver 3.1.26 whilstthe drone and batteries are at Ver 1.11 20.

At last my question: Have I missed anything in this updating process?

Thanks from a grateful beginner

Patrick
The process of using a USB stick to update the RC hasn't been used for 2+ years now unless the RC is on very old FW. Unfortunately, there are many outdated YT videos still out there.

The link above in post 2 is the most often referenced FW update guide and we've posted it here countless times and it has helped many. Follow that guide closely without jumping ahead and you (plus future readers) should be good to go. [credit to msinger for writing and maintaining the guide]

Click here for some background and other very important information about the flight distance restrictions starting with 1.11.20.

If you are interested, click here for a long list of helpful tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. The tips include a mention of that outdated USB stick process and a link to the correct updating guide (same as above).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and dclifton
dont forget to use a fan from your house to blow on your gimble when you update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic