New DJI product coming May 15th

"The other side", Well, one side is above land, the"other side" would then be underwater. ;)

If they are moving to cameras, hope they step up.
I wonder if it looses frames when it splits video at the 4Gb clips like all other DJI products.

This makes perfect sense. DJI HAD to create the Osmo Sport. They add the camera to a warehouse full of old Phantom 2s gathering dust and BOOM...
the new Phantom 5! Brilliant.

Can’t wait for DJI to go after another untapped market with their OSMO Tablet.

I do like the idea of an ROV though. Then we can read posts of people bitching about “swim aways” and see stupid videos of them harassing sea turtles.

DJI posted this mysterious page on their website about a new product announcement on May 15 at 9 AM EST. What will it be?

View attachment 111091

DJI posted this thread over in the DJI forum to discuss the event. The product likely won’t be revealed there, but you never know what might be leaked.

The first underwater drone not impeded by H2O microwave attenuation. Or...it's just some swimming hag and has nothing to do with their new release. HA!

D

Well the clue is the “other side”. The other side of drones? Maybe something more land based?

Maybe the shadow is a clue also. Is the shadow trying to depict something?
Shadow kind of looks like an Inspire with a tail.

Last edited:
If they are moving to cameras, hope they step up.
I wonder if it looses frames when it splits video at the 4Gb clips like all other DJI products.
That ended with the release of the original P4. You need an upgrade!

Ok GadgetGuy ,so what DJI products does this work properly on?
It was fixed with all aircraft from the original P4 on, as I recall. Certainly no current DJI aircraft still suffers from this. P4P and all Mavics break the video into segments without dropping even a single frame, even at 60fps.

Reactions: jack1144
It was fixed with all aircraft from the original P4 on, as I recall. Certainly no current DJI aircraft still suffers from this. P4P and all Mavics break the video into segments without dropping even a single frame, even at 60fps.
Ok, thanks for verifying the P4P's and Mavics do.
I know my P4's and P3P's and Osmo + drop frames, I would guess the new sport cam won't drop any.
Thanks again

Ok, thanks for verifying the P4P's and Mavics do.
I know my P4's and P3P's and Osmo + drop frames, I would guess the new sport cam won't drop any.
Thanks again
I'm pretty sure it got also got fixed on the regular P4 with later FW, but it's been a long time since I have touched my P4's, as I only fly the P4P and the Mavic 2's now. They certainly aren't dropping frames.

What about enterprise to boldly go where no drone has gone before.
Or maybe enterprise to boldly go where no drone has gone below!
?

Attachments

• 2019-04-23 (4).png
    2019-04-23 (4).png
    600.3 KB · Views: 296
Reactions: Phill2
I was thinking more of a waterproof drone or waterproof shell rather. Would be awesome if they announced a Phantom 5 or Inspire 3 but seems like all the talk the last few days on YT has been the Osmo Action camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic