New DJI Phantom 3 Battery To Be Released?!?

Reaction score
So I was looking online to order an additional battery for my Phantom 3 Standard and found B&H Photo to be offering it at the lowest price ($118.49). I continued browsing their P3 accessories and stumbled upon another DJI Phantom 3 Battery ($149.00) that was available for Pre-Order. A bit confused, I began chatting online with B&H's service department and was told that this was a new version coming out offering an additional few minutes (~3 min) of flight time over the current DJI P3 battery. Below are the links to the existing DJI P3 Battery, as well as, the "new" DJI P3 Battery on B&H's website. Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone knew more about this as I haven't been able to find anything...thanks in advance!

DJI Phantom 3 Battery (Current Model)
DJI Intelligent Flight Battery for Phantom 3 CP.PT.000161 B&H

DJI Phantom 3 Battery (Upcoming Model)
DJI PHANTOM 3-PART 134 BATTERY CP.PT.000398 B&H Photo Video

Oh, and there is also some other model (below) listed at B&H for sale which I have heard even less of...
DJI PHANTOM 3-PART 133 BATTERY CP.PT.000397 B&H Photo Video

Weird. Seems kinda sketch there isn't any description?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm guessing just another part # same battery. They have done this a few times when switching packaging and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe simillar to what they did with the inspire. Same physical dimensions with higher capacity cells. Pure speculation of course but its a possibility.

Funny thing was that after speaking with B&H's Tech Customer Service, and learning specifically of the new battery's increased run time, I went over to DJI and asked them about this in order to get some clarity...all I got back from the DJI Customer Service Rep was, "Wow! That's news to us". Even when continuing on, they offered no comments in response. I understand B&H to be a well-known/reputable supplier of DJI products so it would seem a bit odd for them to go ahead and publicly list a new product for sale if DJI has "never even heard of such a thing". Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone happened to know more than DJI about their latest offering lol...I guess time will tell.

I went over to DJI and asked them about this in order to get some clarity...all I got back from the DJI Customer Service Rep was, "Wow! That's news to us". Even when continuing on, they offered no comments in response..
DJI Customer Service is the last place you'd go to get accurate information.
Whether it is a new battery or not, it would be surprising if they knew about it.

Reactions: hms

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers