New DJI GO iOS update

yes, I seen that update last night. So, I did the IOS update. I didn't get a chance to turn on the quad, but I did notice a different layout on the camera settings. Now they are using tabs and it's an easy way to navigate. I'm sure there are other changes. So, if we are good with the IOS9X, I guess it's time to update the OS. Let's hear from others on this.

Seems to be working fine with my iPad mini 3. No video lag. Did lag for a second when I started recording. But then was fine for rest of flight. I like the update.

Just took the new DJI App out for a test flight (iOS 9.0.2) iPad mini-4 and NO video lag at all. 15 minutes of continuous flight without a glitch so I think the OS9 problem is fixed! YEA!!

Reactions: Jbundy63
Anyone out there flying with the new Go app 3.2.0 and ISO 9.0.2 on iPhone 6 with any issues? [emoji15]

Hi flew this morning with one battery with my iPhone six and the new update and it seemed to fly fine no video lag no cutting out I believe they fixed the problem with iOS nine

Reactions: Jbundy63
Flew today with iOS 9.2 on an iPhone 6 and latest version of dji app and
unfortunately still having video glitches.

How is the GO IOS ver 2.3 announced 6 Oct running? Has anyone done any serious flights with it yet.

I still see the app pausing occasionally.....

DG

Flew today with iOS 9.2 on an iPhone 6 and latest version of dji app and
unfortunately still having video glitches.
Thanks for posting pipman, I think I'm just going to wait it out and stay on ISO 8.4. A lot of people on the DJI Forum are saying their having issues as well [emoji16]

Hahaha, the video I took today was stupendous...
I felt ridiculously happy. Like a kid on his first date.
Weeeee, we get to watch the red arrow follow our flight path again...

I like the new Go app, it's awesome. They brought us some nice upgraded changes to the format.

Thanks again @dji, You have never let me down. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Mike Mauk
How is the new 2.3.0 IOS app running anyone?? I still have issues on it with the Mini IPad pausing..

DG.

Tested DJI GO to 2.3 on my P3Pro, Ipad Mini 2, 16Gb. pad.

1. Two flights, at 350 Feet, flight battery at 99% no issues with the video down link.
2. Flight 1, had the DJI GO to 2.3 app crash twice and had to restart the app each TIME as in MID flight and all came back JUST FINE.
3. Flight 1, flight battery at 47% some issues with the video down link, large block pixels, ribbon video, then cleared up a bit and then OK but fuzzy.
4. Flight 1, flight battery at 26 % some video distortion bit OK to fly.
5. Flight 1, flight battery at 16%, height at 80 feet, OK to fly.
6. Conclusion, this version of the DJI GO to 2.3 app is much better but still not as good as the earlier two revision below this 2.3 version. My IPAD Mini 2 is set with no HW compression and all stock settings and no other apps running and set to AUTO channels. Test ground is the same location and heights for years, have seen several improvements on my Inspire 1 from DJI since Jan 2015, so DJI keep them coming on the P3Pro and Inspire and the associated FW and APP.

7. Flight 2, all the same results as listed above.
8. Inspire 1 testing later today.

Comments: Like to see a but more refinement on the APP for stronger video down link monitoring and look into the APP IOS crash issue a bit. Other then that, the latest P3 Pro FW, Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010 all in one, i give it a 95% goodness as compared to all the YEARS (3 now) working with DJI P2 Vision, P2 Vision Plus, Inspire 1, and now the P3 Pro.

DJI, Keep the enhancements coming on the newer products, the P2's are Great! no need to fix these anymore!

Hope this feedback helps, more to come.

Best regards,
Steve

Glimo, sorry.. the IOS = 9.0.2
I also upgraded to IOS 9.0.2 and GO 2.3 and I am still experiencing video interruptions, black screen etc. Did a lot of POI and Waypoint and they work flawlessly. It is just the video feed breakup which proves to be troublesome.

I then tried Autopilot and experienced exactly the same - the different flight modes work fine, but video feed breaks up and pixelates.

We are in the middle of a heat wave here, and everything warms up quickly, so my opinion about the Ipad Mini's apparent excessive heat is biased!

Overall I am happy that the new IOS and App are safe to fly. (Why, even the red arrow moves again in the flight log!)

Same setup here as well, except with Apple iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular.
Everything ran great for me today also, I flew with four consecutive intelligent flight batteries without a hitch. Above water, around high trees, and there was never a waiver or digression. My iPad Air still stays cool to the touch, even after four back~back flights. ;-)
I also did notice those black bars on the ribbon during video payback, but it doesn't seem to affect the video itself. At least mine have played back correctly, even with those black stripes.

Today's recordings, filled my 16gb Micro sd card once more, ;-) yeah, so I'm glad that I have already picked up the new 64gb micro sd card.

Yippee,we're still doing a Charlie Sheen -Winning! ;-)
Thanks again @dji, all in all,
Another enhancement to the already. . . Awesome.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Freudian slip, perhaps....?

:rolleyes:

Slip of the tongue, more like. Haha
Yeah, must be my Siri, & new iOS 9.0.2 spell check, ;-)
She does not compute, What is a "Sheenism"!!

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl