New DJI GO iOS update

Slip of the tongue, more like. Haha
Yeah, must be my Siri, & new iOS 9.0.2 spell check, ;-)
She does not compute, What is a "Sheenism"!!

RedHotPoker
I am not an Apple fundi. What exactly is Siri?

I will retest on channel manual maybe use 32 top end and let you all know. Have tried several channels in the past with all this video issues but I always use ch 20 or auto and yes, I did that config hack.

Best regards,
Steve

Today I got bad issue of 9.0.2 IOS and 2.3 DJI GO.
I use IPAD AIR 2 64gig and P3P.
so Yesterday I upgrade DJI GO 2.3 and IOS from 8.4 to 9.0.2. I though there are no issue because it's say that compatible with IOS 9.0.2. after upgrade I directly try it and no problem. video was good and app don't get crash. BUT this afternoon I just tried it. video is perfecly smooth. and sudenly DJI GO went down (crash) when I push record mode. I try to close all app and restart DJI GO, but when I want to stop video recording, DJO GO went crash again. than I close DJO GO app then refresh memory then open again and try to landed the aircraft.
I don't know why this happen? any one has this issue?

Today I got bad issue of 9.0.2 IOS and 2.3 DJI GO.
I use IPAD AIR 2 64gig and P3P.
so Yesterday I upgrade DJI GO 2.3 and IOS from 8.4 to 9.0.2. I though there are no issue because it's say that compatible with IOS 9.0.2. after upgrade I directly try it and no problem. video was good and app don't get crash. BUT this afternoon I just tried it. video is perfecly smooth. and sudenly DJI GO went down (crash) when I push record mode. I try to close all app and restart DJI GO, but when I want to stop video recording, DJO GO went crash again. than I close DJO GO app then refresh memory then open again and try to landed the aircraft.
I don't know why this happen? any one has this issue?

Yes I have had this issue as well. Happened to me 3x yesterday while in flight. Every time it happens when I press the video record button on the RC. It takes a few times for the app to restart after that and then find the connection to the drone. Often times the drone was more than 1 mile away from me when this happened, which made things very tricky.

Never had this issue on any previous GO app.

That is the only bug I have found, and in my opinion - anytime that app force quits for utilizing a built in function, that is a pretty big bug.

Device - Phantom 3 Pro on latest Firmware

iOS - iPhone 6s Plus 128GB.

Me too with my IPAD Mini 2 16GB and all the latest updates by DJI for the P3 Pro and the latest Go app.

Better then the previous but still not clean as the April 2015 RC.

Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: Farmer
Tested DJI GO to 2.3 on my P3Pro, Ipad Mini 2, 16Gb. pad. IOS 9.0.2

Summery: the DJI GO App 2.3 is still not 100% clean, it's close, 95% but still some issues.

Yesterday's test as of: 10/6/2015

1. Two flights, at 350 Feet, flight battery at 99% no issues with the video down link.
2. Flight 1, had the DJI GO to 2.3 app crash twice and had to restart the app each TIME as in MID flight and all came back JUST FINE.
3. Flight 1, flight battery at 47% some issues with the video down link, large block pixels, ribbon video, then cleared up a bit and then OK but fuzzy.
4. Flight 1, flight battery at 26 % some video distortion bit OK to fly.
5. Flight 1, flight battery at 16%, height at 80 feet, OK to fly.
6. Conclusion, this version of the DJI GO to 2.3 app is much better but still not as good as the earlier two revision below this 2.3 version. My IPAD Mini 2 is set with no HW compression and all stock settings and no other apps running and set to AUTO channels. Test ground is the same location and heights for years, have seen several improvements on my Inspire 1 from DJI since Jan 2015, so DJI keep them coming on the P3Pro and Inspire and the associated FW and APP.

7. Flight 2, all the same results as listed above.
8. Inspire 1 testing later today.

Comments: Like to see a but more refinement on the APP for stronger video down link monitoring and look into the APP IOS crash issue a bit. Other then that, the latest P3 Pro FW, Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010 all in one, i give it a 95% goodness as compared to all the YEARS (3 now) working with DJI P2 Vision, P2 Vision Plus, Inspire 1, and now the P3 Pro.

DJI, Keep the enhancements coming on the newer products, the P2's are Great! no need to fix these anymore!

Hope this feedback helps, more to come.

Best regards,
Steve

OH one more issue, Flight recorder maps all say Map Loading but never finish!

Anyone see this?

Best regards,
Steve

i just noticed that my iPad air 2 have automatic updates on programs and it has updated to new version on GO app. I still have old iOS 8.4 i think, anyone have tried that old iOS new GO combo?
i have just taken 4 days off from work starting tomorrow just to go and shoot some video with my phantom and don't know yet if i upgrade iOS also :)

Last edited:
i just noticed that my iPad air 2 have automatic updates on programs and it has updated to new version on GO app. I still have old iOS 8.4 i think, anyone have tried that old iOS new GO combo?
i have just taken 4 days of from work starting tomorrow just to go and shoot some video with my phantom and don't know yet if i upgrade iOS also :)

If I were in your shoes, I'd stay on 8.4 for the time being. The 2.3 iOS app appears to work just fine on 8.4, although I only have 1 flight on it so far. Didn't have any crashing as others have reported on 2.3 with iOS 9.0.2.

I am on iOS 8.4, DJI GO 2.3. iPad Air 2

Reactions: Jbundy63 and villep
Same setup here as well, except with Apple iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular.
Everything ran great for me today also, I flew with four consecutive intelligent flight batteries without a hitch. Above water, around high trees, and there was never a waiver or digression. My iPad Air still stays cool to the touch, even after four back~back flights. ;-)
I also did notice those black bars on the ribbon during video payback, but it doesn't seem to affect the video itself. At least mine have played back correctly, even with those black stripes.

Today's recordings, filled my 16gb Micro sd card once more, ;-) yeah, so I'm glad that I have already picked up the new 64gb micro sd card.

Yippee,we're still doing a Charlie Sheen -Winning! ;-)
Thanks again @dji, all in all,
Another enhancement to the already. . . Awesome.

RedHotPoker
"Do they pay you once a month or every two weeks," asked Oso with a smile.

Reactions: brianb87
My UPDATE AS OF 10/8/2015. Tested DJI GO to 2.3 on my P3Pro, Ipad Mini 2, 16Gb. pad with IOS 9.0.2....

Also tested the new GO App same IPAD, 1 Flight, I have two APP crashes and had to reset the app and make sure no other processes remain.

Conclusion: This APP is better but still needs refinements.

Best regards,
Steve

--------------
Phantom 3 Pro tests the other day.
1. Two flights, at 350 Feet, flight battery at 99% no issues with the video down link.
2. Flight 1, had the DJI GO to 2.3 app crash twice and had to restart the app each TIME as in MID flight and all came back JUST FINE.
3. Flight 1, flight battery at 47% some issues with the video down link, large block pixels, ribbon video, then cleared up a bit and then OK but fuzzy.
4. Flight 1, flight battery at 26 % some video distortion bit OK to fly.
5. Flight 1, flight battery at 16%, height at 80 feet, OK to fly.
6. Conclusion, this version of the DJI GO to 2.3 app is much better but still not as good as the earlier two revision below this 2.3 version. My IPAD Mini 2 is set with no HW compression and all stock settings and no other apps running and set to AUTO channels. Test ground is the same location and heights for years, have seen several improvements on my Inspire 1 from DJI since Jan 2015, so DJI keep them coming on the P3Pro and Inspire and the associated FW and APP.

7. Flight 2, all the same results as listed above.
8. Inspire 1 testing later today.

Comments: Like to see a but more refinement on the APP for stronger video down link monitoring and look into the APP IOS crash issue a bit. Other then that, the latest P3 Pro FW, Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010 all in one, i give it a 95% goodness as compared to all the YEARS (3 now) working with DJI P2 Vision, P2 Vision Plus, Inspire 1, and now the P3 Pro.

DJI, Keep the enhancements coming on the newer products, the P2's are Great! no need to fix these anymore!

Hope this feedback helps, more to come.

Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: Lori
Could it possibly be the order in which the updates are loaded? IOS first then DJI Go app, or vice versa.. Seems strange that some are reporting success and no crashes where others are quite the opposite. For me, I deleted the DJI Go app, then updated to IOS 9.02, then installed the app again and it's been perfect.. No lag, no crashes. iPad Mini 2 wifi only.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
RE: Could it possibly be the order in which the updates are loaded?

That's a good question and i will try this next and will post ASAP.

Best regards,
Steve

Update as of 10/8/2015;

After uninstalling the GO App 2.3, all is working well now. Two flights to the same locations and test bases as before.

Looks like DJI made the improvements and the recommendation to uninstalling the GO App 2.3 is a good first move.

Best regards,
Steve

Update as of 10/8/2015;

After uninstalling the GO App 2.3, all is working well now. Two flights to the same locations and test bases as before.

Looks like DJI made the improvements and the recommendation to uninstalling the GO App 2.3 is a good first move.

Best regards,
Steve
do you mean you uninstalled, then reinstalled 2.3? Or dropped back to 2.2?

Yes! RE: do you mean you uninstalled, then reinstalled 2.3?

That seems to help... But will see.. and i will keep posting my other flight IOS version of GO app 2.3 results.

Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: Jbundy63
First fligt with new go app / old ios (air2) and just when i started to take video, app crashes. It came back when i started go again. It was pretty laggy and pixelated too. I had no crashing problems when just flying and taking photos. Not funny i say.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I have a P3P... iPhone 6s Plus with 9.0.2 and DJI GO app 2.3. The app crashes several times over two batteries worth of flights. Then...sometimes...it won't crash at all. It's very strange. It is also very unsettling to have your $1300 aircraft hovering 75 feet or more in the air and the app that supposed to be your eyes just disappears. Unfortunately I got the P3P AFTER iOS 9 came out so I have no experience with the app before that...and my iPhone came with iOS 9 preinstalled. It has had this problem ever since I got it. I thought it was normal but I'm glad to see here that it's not. I will say that when I was on version 2.2 I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but that didn't do any good. The app still crashed. I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall 2.3. I might try later but I'm not very optimistic. I hope DJI gets us a stable app soon. I have some shoots I'd like to do but I'm afraid with a flaky app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31