New DJI Drone???

Rumor has it DJI has partnered with Black Magic to build a new camera for a new DJI drone. Which is great news. DJI sticks to making drones and the imaging companies do the imaging.

Reactions: cheebs
Rumor has it DJI has partnered with Black Magic to build a new camera for a new DJI drone. Which is great news. DJI sticks to making drones and the imaging companies do the imaging.
I pre-ordered the Z-cam to fly on my F550, if DJI and Black Magic come out with an advanced AP/AV system I'm probably going to bite. Love the MFT format.

A lot of people just spent a lot of money on a P3 and if DJI releases something better or more advance for a similar price... That might upset some people....
To follow that train of thought ... should DHI have stopped at the P1 to avoid offending anyone?

That looks like a cute Inspire kitten .. no Lightbridge so it won't be taking market share from the P3.

Reactions: ViperNuke
More rumors going around guys... I do not understand or speak any German but a quick google translation from a quote on post made by an alleged RC dealer... Something big is coming next month.... and it consist with a post made by a DJI rep on RCgroup... I really hope is not the Inspire 2 as we don't even have the long promised waypoints for the I1 yet.....

What they should do is take the money and hire some more tech help, so we don't have to wait 1 1/2 months to make a $100 repair.

Like I told DJI yesterday - DJI needs to set up a system, like Segway, so they can tell the consumer to simply plug his drone into his computer and allow DJI to do whatever is required, REMOTELY, to calibrate, download new firmware, or slap the thing with a 2x4 if necessary, to get it up and running.

That sending emails back and forth telling us to do something we've never done before, to somethign that's never been right, just doesn't get it.

I've about had it with all the abbreviated instructions!!!

Anyone wanna a buy a nice Phantom 2 vision+ package????

11888082_1622247994707406_7694997078812040534_n.png
nice pic and??

a
450899C7-DC7A-47BD-8DA1-49307F81FCD8_zpsxfit7eud.jpg

Looks promising. 3 axis gimbal.
Folderable
FDDDC6A0-EB5B-489A-B5FC-C9FEC0674673_zps9f4ezto0.jpg

Positioning system.

If half the size of P3,
If less than $400 including gimbal
If Flight time of 10-15min
If 1080p@60fps @ 30mbs
If range is about 200-500m
Might consider it practical for carry around all-dayer quad..

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Yeah, if they release a P3P that can accept the Zenmuse gimbal, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Forgive me, I must be missing something. Why on earth would you want a Zenmuse so you can put a GoPro on that you can't control, you can't switch from video to still images, you get bad lens distortion and many other disadvantages.

I don't get it, help me, why do you want a camera you can't control?

It seems to have options for 1 or 2 operators, foldable for easy transport. RC looks a bit regressive unless it is the camera RC only. Seems to me that it is the look to come for light UAV's. Could very much be the Inspire 2 IMO, unless it's a fusion between P3 and Inspire to be the next unique model to come?
I like it!

Last edited:
Hardly ... it's a toy.
Read post #29 above

4879091.jpg
OMG! got 100% screwed on this one... Better to have a laugh and move on. Shame, it was a nice idea.

Forgive me, I must be missing something. Why on earth would you want a Zenmuse so you can put a GoPro on that you can't control, you can't switch from video to still images, you get bad lens distortion and many other disadvantages.

I don't get it, help me, why do you want a camera you can't control?

Personal preference, really. I know it's blasphemy around here, but the GoPro Hero 4 is a better camera than the P3P. The only advantage that the P3P has is the rectilinear lens, which is nice. It's quite easy to use the GoPro in a manner that doesn't produce the fisheye. Medium FOV is one, quality post-processing is another. There are literally no other disadvantages. I don't need to switch from film to photos in flight. I can either shoot in 4K, and grab full-frame stills out of Premiere, or I can just shoot on time-lapse.

So, all that being said - I like my current imaging setup, but I would like to be able to use it on the P3 with lightbridge and the DJI Go App, which is awesome.

Yes, that drone is real but it's not DJI. It's pretty amazing copy of the Inspire parts though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues