new controller update

Reaction score
I havent flown in about a week or so and this morning when i started everything up it said update available for the controller i was wondering if anyone knows what this latest one consist of. Im flying the P3 Advanced. i noticed for the last month or so when i look at the sensor section of healthy drones my signal has been worst then i ever saw it flying in the same place same route. Thanks in advance for any info guys.

Reactions: jlrsn
You can view the release notes here.

No need to get in a hurry to do updates. Even if a week or two goes by it's best to find out all that you can prior to updating. You don't want to be in a situation that you're not able to fly because a dji screw up.

Reactions: MrTommy
I wouldn't be a bit surprised this update is to rope you in and leave you with less then what you had. Seems to be directed at the one R/C that is known to provide the best performance.

I have the GL300A and I haven't experienced any issues. No reason to update.

What’s New?

-Improved video stream quality when using GL300A Remote Controller to record 2.7K video.
-Enhanced Remote Controller and mobile device connection stability.

Reactions: RC Madman
This is only for the "Go" app correct? It does nothing for those of us that are using Litchi or other third party app right?

This is only for the "Go" app correct? It does nothing for those of us that are using Litchi or other third party app right?

It should be for the GL300A controllers only based on the details given.

DJI go app , the app updated and when i turned on my controller and dji go it had a new firmware available for controller message and asked if i wanted to download , i went ahead and did the update after i flew 2 batteries this morning , havent tried to see if i could detect anything different yet. charging everything back up right now.

If using android, it good idea to set the google play store to NOT auto update app's. You should want to see the details of a update before it downloads into your device anyhow.
On ios devices you can set it to not auto update as well.

I downloaded new controller update and current app for android using my galaxy s5. Transmission quality is very choppy and I get colored digitized lines across my screen. I even have my transmission quality set to the lowest setting. Bird flys good otherwise

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

i have one of the original p3p that was ordered from b&h . gl300a never ever had any issues with either device with any firmware updates. This update what a mess.. video feed all messed up, always disconnects off and on, bird only 50' away. I can't fly on the current firmware on that controller.. oh well. wait and see..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Apilot101
I just downgraded my controller back to firmware 1.6. Video transmission is nice and smooth again. Dont upgrade the controller until it has been fixed or you will be very unhappy with the choppy video in the live stream

Reactions: Matchlock
Ya, they were putting out too much power so it was time to dial them back lol

My guess is it has to do with the addition of the Mavic controller into GO app family. Might need to compare some before and after flight data?

Would you be willing to give the instructions on how to downgrade the IOS firmware for a P3P controller?

Thank you.

Bud

I just downgraded my controller back to firmware 1.6. Video transmission is nice and smooth again. Dont upgrade the controller until it has been fixed or you will be very unhappy with the choppy video in the live stream

You can downgrade like remote controller firmware like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks msinger. I took me several trys before I could do it on my s6, but I succeeded. That hidden button effect would be hard to find if you didn't know about it. Funny thing was that the hdmi out was normal, only the controlling device had the broken & noisy video!

I downloaded new controller update and current app for android using my galaxy s5. Transmission quality is very choppy and I get colored digitized lines across my screen. I even have my transmission quality set to the lowest setting. Bird flys good otherwise

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic