New bird, old controller?

Reaction score
Looks like my P4 was made self aware and called home by SkyNET yesterday. Lost connection and in turn, lost the bird. Plan to look for it ASAP, located in a very remote area. Definitely a lessons learned evolution yesterday.

Question: Will my original P4 pro controller connect to a new P4 pro bird in the event I can not find the lost one?

Will my original P4 pro controller connect to a new P4 pro bird in the event I can not find the lost one?
Yes. Just link the remote controller in DJI GO like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: WillardsP4
I bought a P4P+ broken and bird only, had no issue linking to a used P4P remote (GL300F) I bought.
I also linked a P4P I bought to another used remote.
Should be no issues.

Have you posted your flight data so others here can help you locate.
Also there is a find your bird in the Go4 app.
I am not familiar with it or the flight data, perhaps others can assist you.

Looks like my P4 was made self aware and called home by SkyNET yesterday. Lost connection and in turn, lost the bird. Plan to look for it ASAP, located in a very remote area. Definitely a lessons learned evolution yesterday.

Question: Will my original P4 pro controller connect to a new P4 pro bird in the event I can not find the lost one?
HI do you know you have find drone on home page,,,,,, 14954744644782128660224.jpg 1495474514361-1581396911.jpg good luck with findind

@WillardsP4, if you would like help tracking down your Phantom, please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Wow! Thanks everyone for the help!

I have looked at my flight data and its last known location. Ill upload my data later this evening in the event I have overlooked something.

Also in your settings if you not find it is setting for lost signal if happens again,,,can make it hover or land or rth:)Goodluck again

Reactions: WillardsP4
When you flew your Phantom behind the hill, it was only at an altitude of about 28 feet AGL. Since your RTH altitude was far too low, it was not able to ascend and clear the top of the hill. It should be right around the yellow circle or yellow pin in the images below. The coordinates are 34.566047, -119.169544.

Location1.jpg

Location2.jpg

In the link you posted above (to my log viewer), you can download the KML file. I opened that in Google Earth on my computer.

Log.jpg

So if it was a P4P I wonder why it did not make it back in RTH mode? Even though you had it set too low isn't it supposed to rise or go back the way it came in?

Even though you had it set too low isn't it supposed to rise or go back the way it came in?
It depends on what is configured in DJI GO. Since it did neither of those, it most likely flew toward the hill, decided it could not continue, and landed (or toppled over) on the side of the hill.

Quick update. Took the day off and decided to head out and search. Scoured the entire area and came up empty-handed. It was tough going up the hill with loose soil and thick vegetation. Im inclined to believe that one of three things happened:

1. Some hikers were in the area and found it. Possible, but difficult to imagine. That area is pretty remote and the climb is very steep. Tough to think anyone would hike there. But you never know.

2. I simply overlooked it. With the thick brush and steep incline, it was difficult to keep footing and search. Though I did spend 2 hours looking. If it were there I should have found it.

3. Someone saw this thread and got a 4 day jump on me. They knew right where to look and it is in their hands. I would hope that's not the case, but it's possible. Not trying to accuse, but it's a theory.

So, it looks like I will be using that tutorial on pairing a new bird with my controller. Thanks for the help everyone.

Too bad you don't have another drone to look for it. When you get the new drone that's the first thing you should do, go to that general area and do an aerial search. You may want to invest in a MarcoPolo device, in case this happens again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic