New AMA commercial insurance

Buk

Reaction score
Just received an email from AMA offering a third party commercial insurance. I'll be interest in the price range and coverage provided.

Who's the insurance company that AMA is referring you to?

I was just quoted under $900/yr for a $2mil liability policy from Bullock, representing Global Aero, assuming you have Part 107 certification. The form is a hassle to fill out, but the rate is the lowest I've found so far.

Global Aerospace Portal

I just got my insurance renewal for general liability and equipment damage and surprised they nix any drone coverage. I didn't have it nor applied for it or added the drone to it, but they must do some sort of background check and found I had a 107 this year so they stapled it to the front of my policy. No doubt a hold out for more money too. I pay about $800/yr. for equipment and $4-$5 million liability.

I will be interested to see what the AMA offers for commercial as it will probably be much lower than independents. I know their membership of $75/yr. gives you $2 million (I think?). Magazine is pretty neat too if you like RC planes and helicopters. They are slowly venturing into drones too as well as their Washington lobby, even though some AMA flying fields ban them for sundry reasons.

Last edited:

I was just quoted under $900/yr for a $2mil liability policy from Bullock, representing Global Aero, assuming you have Part 107 certification. The form is a hassle to fill out, but the rate is the lowest I've found so far.

Global Aerospace Portal

Welcome to AVIATION. Everything is complicated and expensive.

I use Verifly on-demand insurance for 107 jobs...have the app on my phone.

$1Mil for a job can be as low as $10/hour, with instant proof of coverage.

Verifly – On-demand Drone Insurance

Verify has tons of limitations and if you do any significant amount of work it becomes more costly than a dedicated policy.

Global Aerospace Portal

Just for comparison, my $1M through Global was just over $700. A similar quote from AMA was $570, plus you have to add $75 membership, so broadly comparable.

Just for comparison, my $1M through Global was just over $700. A similar quote from AMA was $570, plus you have to add $75 membership, so broadly comparable.
That's basically the cost of what I pay for car insurance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl