New 2021 Ipad Pro with Phantom Pro

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has gotten the new Ipad Pro and tried to connect it to the Phantom remote. It uses a USB C cord, I connected it, and it looks like the App isn't reading the Ipad is connected. Anyone help?

I have an iPad mini.
First try didn't work, then I tried with my GoPro cable and it worked well.
I believe iOs is more sensitive to cable quality.
Make sure you are using a good quality cable designed for data (some cables are designed only for charging).

My iPad Mini 6 won't connect to the RC of P4PV1. Both P4PV1 & P4PV2 use DJI GO4 App. Can you please tell me if any special setting is required.
Good morning.
The first time I tried it didn't connect, then I tried with a different cable and it worked with no issues. (I'm using the cable provided with my GoPro Hero 8).

I believe you need a good quality cable built for High Speed Data transfer. USB 3.0 or 3.1.
I thought that all USB-C cables where the same, but discovered that USB-C cables provided with many of the devices are built only for Charging purposes, and they don't work for Data Transfer.

Good Morning to you too.
I have several data cables which works fine except with P4PV1 and Mini 6. I guess, I will buy a GoPro cable and see if I am in luck.
Regards,

The Phantom 4 Pro v1 does not work with any USB-C iPads after the iOS 14.6 update. Period. We have been waiting for months for a firmware or app update and are having no luck at all. Phantom 4 Pro v. 2.0 works fine with USB-C iPads, v. 1 not at all. Lightning iPads, even on iOS 15 work fine, the problem is not with iOS, it's a problem with the Phantom 4 Pro v.1 controller working with USB-C or Thunderbolt (latest models) iPad Pro, iPad mini 6, or iPad Air 4 tablets.

I believe DJI no longer supports the Phantom Pro therefore will never create another firmware update for the GL300F remote, it presently at 1.4.100 , certain apple devices won't connect with the APP.
Either Apple or DJI could solve this issue, but Apple says its DJI's responsibilty. My client has Applecare and after extensive tech support (Recovery, Update,etc) is going to the Apple store to see what New Ipads might still connect with DJIGO4 while using a GL300F remote, if any work he may get his swapped under warranty or paid exchange. it is 1/31/22 I'll try and post what happens. orlandodronerepair.com

I believe DJI no longer supports the Phantom Pro therefore will never create another firmware update for the GL300F remote, it presently at 1.4.100 , certain apple devices won't connect with the APP.
Either Apple or DJI could solve this issue, but Apple says its DJI's responsibilty. My client has Applecare and after extensive tech support (Recovery, Update,etc) is going to the Apple store to see what New Ipads might still connect with DJIGO4 while using a GL300F remote, if any work he may get his swapped under warranty or paid exchange. it is 1/31/22 I'll try and post what happens. orlandodronerepair.com
Thanks. It will be great if you can post which iPad with USB-C port works with the GL300F remote to connect DJIGO4 App. I have been in touch with DJI since long and this is what they have replied:

This is a follow-up on the compatibility issue of the DJI Go 4 App with iPad.

At present, we have found that the root for this issues might be some configuration problems caused by Apple's system update, so we need to work with Apple to solve this problem, and some technical solutions also need to wait for Apple's feedback, rest assured that we will try our best but the estimated time for solve this issue may be longer.

Unquote

I agree with AeroViking. The problem is not with iOS, it's a problem with the Phantom 4 Pro v.1 controller working with USB-C

My client's GL300F remote did work with his Ipad pro 12.9 4th gen with USB C and suddenly stopped working (possibly after an IOS update) , the ipad pro still does work with GL300L (v2) remote. that is why I think its a software issue. You can hear the bleep connection noise when the cable is plugged in to the Remote just on the GL300F the app never changes color (Red or Blue) showing its recognising the remote.

Reactions: OzoneTech
I agree with AeroViking. The problem is not with iOS, it's a problem with the Phantom 4 Pro v.1 controller working with USB-C
Thanks. The really frustrating thing is that the iPads with USB-C work with all the other drones, even the original Mavic Pro, Spark, Mini 1&2, etc. drones that haven’t been updated in awhile, but even worse is that the original v1 Phantom 4 Pro DID work at one point only to have an iOS update break that. So I know for a fact it’s not a hardware issue as I have very much used my USB-C equipped 11” iPad Pro with my Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Edition with great results. It’s DJI’s job to make their software compatible, not Apples to shape their operating system’s priorities to suit DJI. I still put this in DJI’s court and wish they would serve up an ace and restore functionality for the latest Pro, Air, and Mini iPads. It would really save a lot of people a lot of hassle. For now in case anyone was wondering, the newest iPad, just the simple entry-level model with a lightning port does work with the Phantom 4 Pro Version 1. All others, the USB-C ones do not and DJI alone can fix this.

DJI is not likely to make any money by supporting the deprecated P4P. I seriously doubt they have any staff working on P4P software.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 195
This would be great news! Do you have a shot of it working?
I have ordered mine and is scheduled to be delivered on 10 June. From what I think, if the interface firmware is on the adaptor, it should work.

Attachments

• USB Adaptor.JPG
    USB Adaptor.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 104
I will see what i can put together. maybe a short video.
That would be helpful. I just got this part this afternoon - no good with my Phantom 3 Pro. I'll get my P4P back in a couple of days and I'll report back how it works with that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic