Need some help with setting up H3-3D gimbal on P1

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm a noob as you'll quickly tell, but would love how to figure out how I might get this gimbal installed - and right now I'm just not sure if what I even have is compatible with the P1 and what other pieces I might need..

So I have phantom 1.

I bought a H3-3D gimbal from Amazon, but only after noticed that it's version 1.1, and on the box it says for Phantom 2 only.

I realized the mounting bracket didn't fit the P1, so I bought the bracket to connect the gimbal frame to the P1. All good there.

But my question is - can this even work with my P1? And what else do I need?

Really appreciate any help!

: )

Hey Ryan,

to start with... WeLcOmE tO tHe FrEaKiNG party.

Alrighty now, lets be serious. So you have a bird. Lets see some pics or info so we know which Phantom you have. Humor me.
You are thinkin about a gimbal. Lets see some info, preferably an informative link. What did you buy? What did you buy to make it work? What do you want to do with it? Which camera are you going to place in it?

So many questions, so little time.

More info = better answers.
Later

Thanks for the welcome! More info I can definitely do.

Here's pics of my P1 with the gimbal, and the other parts that came with the gimbal. Here's a link to the gimbal I bought as well: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00JAY4CZ6/ref=pe_386430_126088100_TE_item

I have a GoPro Hero 4 black and 3+ black. I can use either of those.

I've only been taking aerial photos to date since the video just isn't stable enough to do anything with it, which is why I'd like to get te gimbal working - to finally get some good video.

Thanks! :)

Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_9277.JPG
    IMG_9277.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_9278.JPG
    IMG_9278.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_9279.JPG
    IMG_9279.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_9280.JPG
    IMG_9280.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 390
  • IMG_9281.JPG
    IMG_9281.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_9282.JPG
    IMG_9282.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 368
To clarify - I've only screwed on the gimbal and haven't 'electronically' connected or upgraded anything. (Got excited and just wanted to see it on there!)

Personally, I'd pack up the gimbal and return it to Amazon.
Then buy something compatible with the P1.

Thanks IFlyinWY for takin a look anyway. And Marlin009, I think that's exactly what I'll do. thanks. BTW, currently in west Florida too on vaca (Homosassa).

Just south of you in Hudson. That's a nice area up there. Enjoy.

Reactions: Eric flat
Have you figured this out yet? I have a H3-3D on my P1 and may be able to help if you haven't.

Have you figured this out yet? I have a H3-3D on my P1 and may be able to help if you haven't.

Hey thanks for jumping in! I took the advice of an earlier comment and returned that Gimbal.. But what would you recommend now? I haven't seemed to be able to find any sort of gimbal that's actually meant for the P1.. I've even considered just getting a new copter but I kinda don't want to since what I have works well..

I had a P1 with the H3-2D and needed a second as a backup i already had a ton of money invested in batteries so I didn't want to start over so I bought another P1 this time with the H3-3D. I got the H3-3D last september and its been great. this is what I have in mine:
1.H3-3D with GCU
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-H3-3D-Per...?ie=UTF8&qid=1434034162&sr=8-2&keywords=h3-3d

2.PMU v2
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Naza-M-Multi-rotor-Pilot-Version/dp/B00CR5H75C/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_21_dp

3.DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Part 49 Mounting Adapter for Phantom (Mounting adaptor plate and longer landing gear)
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Zenmuse-H3-3D-Mounting-Adapter/dp/B00LNUH1D0

This solution requires some soldering but its not too bad. If you have FPV the IOSD mini is a must and the FPV hub works great to hook everything up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic