Need P2 repair advice

Reaction score
Hey all.

I acquired a broken p2 of these boards and could use a little more guidance and possibly leads on where to get parts..

It for sure will need a new body.. It hit on the rear cw motor arm and bent it pretty good.. The motor appears to be seized up just by hand turning it.

It came with a zenmuse h33d gimbal.. It looks like one arm is bent however doesnt look like it was forced and maybe made that way? Also what kind of camera can go in that gimbal?

Lastly the previous owner threw in a bunch of accesoriea that i have no idea what to use them for.

Hello
Pictures would help on the accessories part!

The gimbal can accept a go pro camera with correct cable.

As for repair
Sounds like you need:
1) new shell
2) 2212 Cw Motor
3) possibly v2.0 esc?
4) inspect GPS UNIT ( for cracked or broken ceramic antenna ) happens quite often ina crash!
( if broken, either solder new antenna ( good time to upgrade to 4mm, ) or replace gps unit!
( YouTube this, if you don't know what I'm talking about )

( helpful tip: search GPS BOOSTER on eBay, it is an insert , and it WORKS! ) I use the 4mm with booster, I get minimum 11 satellites , and will lock indoors! Awesome pair, for p2 crafts! The guy is in the UK, around $10us. But worth it!

Assuming that is all that is damaged, your bird should fly!

After repair ( take pictures during disassemble to help with reassembly )
Soldering skills and tools needed to replace motor ( and possibly esc )

Ok
Once repaired, do a full recalibration

You'll need a laptop with following hardware installed, and a mini USB to USB cord!
Download the following from dji.com
1) RC ASSISTANT
2) PC ASSISTANT
3) driver
For p2.

First hook radio ( Tx ) to RC ASSISTANT via USB cable
( NOTE: if your remote has no port, you'll need to open it by removing 4 screws on rear, to access internal USB port, once plugged in, turn on remote, and do a full calibration
( both sticks, both toggles, and dial wheel ( if avail? )

This will reset your remote to factory fresh!

Ok, turn off remote, unhook and close RC ASSISTANT.

Now hook phantom to Pc via USB cable, open PC ASSISTANT, and turn on remote and bird,

( while in here, top right of screen, will say ( NAZA or PHANTOM ) these are your modes, I recommend Phantom at first, as you get more comfortable with the craft, switch to NAZA, for wider array of setting possibilities! ) to change, just click where it says ( NAZA or phantom )

Under basics tab, then RC tab, do a full tx calibration here again!
( this will calibrate your remote to the bird )

Now under ADVANCED tab, do and Advanced IMU calibration
( bird level and stationary, no wobbling around )

Once completed, turn off bird, unhook, close PC ASSISTANT,
Go outside in open area, do a fresh compass calibration!
If all done correctly, bird should fly like new!
( again, Assuming all other components are not damaged! )

Hope this helps!

And if you post pics, we can help with the accesories, so you know what they are, what they do, and where they go! ( maybe the trash? Lol )
Just kidding!, but some items for these might as well, cause they are crappy, but others are amazing!

Either way, always glad to help!
J Dot
:cool:

Hello
Pictures would help on the accessories part!

The gimbal can accept a go pro camera with correct cable.

As for repair
Sounds like you need:
1) new shell
2) 2212 Cw Motor
3) possibly v2.0 esc?
4) inspect GPS UNIT ( for cracked or broken ceramic antenna ) happens quite often ina crash!
( if broken, either solder new antenna ( good time to upgrade to 4mm, ) or replace gps unit!
( YouTube this, if you don't know what I'm talking about )

( helpful tip: search GPS BOOSTER on eBay, it is an insert , and it WORKS! ) I use the 4mm with booster, I get minimum 11 satellites , and will lock indoors! Awesome pair, for p2 crafts! The guy is in the UK, around $10us. But worth it!

Assuming that is all that is damaged, your bird should fly!

After repair ( take pictures during disassemble to help with reassembly )
Soldering skills and tools needed to replace motor ( and possibly esc )

Ok
Once repaired, do a full recalibration

You'll need a laptop with following hardware installed, and a mini USB to USB cord!
Download the following from dji.com
1) RC ASSISTANT
2) PC ASSISTANT
3) driver
For p2.

First hook radio ( Tx ) to RC ASSISTANT via USB cable
( NOTE: if your remote has no port, you'll need to open it by removing 4 screws on rear, to access internal USB port, once plugged in, turn on remote, and do a full calibration
( both sticks, both toggles, and dial wheel ( if avail? )

This will reset your remote to factory fresh!

Ok, turn off remote, unhook and close RC ASSISTANT.

Now hook phantom to Pc via USB cable, open PC ASSISTANT, and turn on remote and bird,

( while in here, top right of screen, will say ( NAZA or PHANTOM ) these are your modes, I recommend Phantom at first, as you get more comfortable with the craft, switch to NAZA, for wider array of setting possibilities! ) to change, just click where it says ( NAZA or phantom )

Under basics tab, then RC tab, do a full tx calibration here again!
( this will calibrate your remote to the bird )

Now under ADVANCED tab, do and Advanced IMU calibration
( bird level and stationary, no wobbling around )

Once completed, turn off bird, unhook, close PC ASSISTANT,
Go outside in open area, do a fresh compass calibration!
If all done correctly, bird should fly like new!
( again, Assuming all other components are not damaged! )

Hope this helps!

And if you post pics, we can help with the accesories, so you know what they are, what they do, and where they go! ( maybe the trash? Lol )
Just kidding!, but some items for these might as well, cause they are crappy, but others are amazing!

Either way, always glad to help!
J Dot
:cool:
Thanks! I can email you pictures of everything i have.. I think it is a miniiOSD and a dji ground station

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72