P3 Firmware Need help with a Phantom 3 Advanced Hover wobble

Reaction score
Hello I'm looking for assistance in trouble shooting a "wobble" during hovering. The bird just does its own thing at a hover. It shifts forward-backward, either side and gains and looses altitude on it's own. Seems to be 2-3 ft at a time. It isn't constant, sometimes it just a little, which is no big problem but when it does it's big shift it becomes very unnerving.

I have the latest version v1.11.20 and the controller has the latest version as well v1.9.3 and the Go app is at v3.1.64

I have made it re-install the latest version by holding the bind button but that did not help. I did try to go back a version with the same method but it doesn't want to load the version for some reason.

I have also replaced the compass, which removed our compass errors but didn't fix the wobble.

I have kind of hit a brick wall at this point. I wanted to see what it would do with the older version. I've seen other people with the same issue, but no real solution. If someone has this solved PLEASE point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Hello I'm looking for assistance in trouble shooting a "wobble" during hovering. The bird just does its own thing at a hover. It shifts forward-backward, either side and gains and looses altitude on it's own. Seems to be 2-3 ft at a time. It isn't constant, sometimes it just a little, which is no big problem but when it does it's big shift it becomes very unnerving.

I have the latest version v1.11.20 and the controller has the latest version as well v1.9.3 and the Go app is at v3.1.64

I have made it re-install the latest version by holding the bind button but that did not help. I did try to go back a version with the same method but it doesn't want to load the version for some reason.

I have also replaced the compass, which removed our compass errors but didn't fix the wobble.

I have kind of hit a brick wall at this point. I wanted to see what it would do with the older version. I've seen other people with the same issue, but no real solution. If someone has this solved PLEASE point me in the right direction.

Thank you.
Have you done a IMU calibration?
Also, sounds like you have a prop imbalance issue. If it was crashed, check to see if there is a bent motor.

If IMU calibration does not solve it hopefully the logs will. That much motion should show up as inputs from the remote, intended or not. Errors may show up in analysis if posted. And also as K-Diver suggests, might be time for new props.
Good luck.

Have you done a IMU calibration?
Also, sounds like you have a prop imbalance issue. If it was crashed, check to see if there is a bent motor.

I've calibrated the imu and had it run a check and it indicates that it's good. This unit has been crashed on several different occasions. It doesn't appear to have a bent motor, but I'm eyeing up the gap between the propeller and body and they all appear the same. I'm not sure how to check that otherwise.
To be fair I said wobble but it more or less drift's on its on.

Does the drone vibrate when airborne?
Hover it in front of you and (very carefully) hold it with one of the legs nearest to you - DON'T MAKE ANY STICK MOVEMENTS!

Does it feel smooth or is it vibrating. With "several" crashes under its belt could well be a bent motor shaft or prop problem.

What is the wind condition? Where are you hovering it, near any obstacles?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.