Need help solving issue

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I recently had to return my p3s back to the store of purchase as it was destroying sd cards. They have exchanged out for a new drone in the box, however I am having issues with it. When I took it from the box everything worked just fine. In the last 2 days I have started having issue with recording. when I press the record button it will randomly stop recording at undesired times. sometimes it will record for a minute then it will stop recording other times it may go 3 minutes and stop. I am not stopping it myself and I even tried my wife's phone to make sure it wasn't an issue with my phone I have a note 4 and she has a note 5. It did it on both phones. The sd card has been formatted and is empty also. A drone that stops recording whenever it wants is of no use to me. Is there anything you all know or do I need to return this one also? Thank for you help

return it 3rd time is the charm

Reactions: John Bollinger
that was my thoughts to but I wanted to make sure it wasnt a setting that needed turned off first Thanks for your reply
Are you using the app to reformat it?, or a computer, or ?
Tried another card yet, second Phantom not sure what you have tried on the second?

Rod

Are you using the app to reformat it?, or a computer, or ?
Tried another card yet, second Phantom not sure what you have tried on the second?

Rod

Rod,

Thabks for the response. I have tried formating both ways with 2 different cards

Rod,

Thabks for the response. I have tried formating both ways with 2 different cards
Sorry, this is weird, I don't have anything else at the moment.

Rod

The one common variable you mentioned, seems to be the SD card.

Are you using a NAME BRAND class 10 card?

Strongly suggest a SandDisk high speed card to see if that alleviates the problem. Make sure you don't have a counterfeit card.

Rob
Huntsville, AL
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also had similar problem when I tried to use a 64gb Sandisk SD card on my P3 Standard. Issue stopped when I went back to a 32gb or less.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The one common variable you mentioned, seems to be the SD card.

Are you using a NAME BRAND class 10 card?

Strongly suggest a SandDisk high speed card to see if that alleviates the problem. Make sure you don't have a counterfeit card.

Rob
Huntsville, AL
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am using SanDisk 32 gig same class as what dji puts in them just larger size

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I also had similar problem when I tried to use a 64gb Sandisk SD card on my P3 Standard. Issue stopped when I went back to a 32gb or less.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I had issues with my first drone and a cheap 64 gig SD card but even after switching back to SanDisk thr drone was still tearing thr SD cards up. Now this new one just stops recording we it feels like

Thank you all for trying to help me with this issue. I video my son's football practices for our coach and we'll a drone that stops recording at crucial moments isn't worth much to me. I am pretty sure I am returning it tomorrow

Reactions: flpholt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic