Need Assistance With Repaired P3A

Yes, what "smart phone" and "tablet" are you using, it can make a difference but most odd to say the least?

I did uninstall then reinstalled the GO app. But I'll try it again. The WiFi was/is working because it recognizes my router. Airplane mode is off. Another thing that happened when using the smart phone is the "equipment" screen started on the Inspire photo but changed automatically to the Phantom 3 photo screen with the "camera" button. With my tablet, the camera button only appears on the Inspire screen. It is weird. I'm reinstalling the GO app now.

OK. Don't know if you know it but there are a couple of things you need to do when using an Android tablet - I use a Nvidia Shield K1.
If you have already done these steps, please ignore.
First you need to turn "ON" Developer Options, near the bottom of the Settings menu.
Turn "ON" USB Debugging.
Set USB Configuration to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).

Reactions: Oso
Those are great tips. I do have a neighbor who is quite a tech wiz. I'll ask him about all that and more. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Reactions: cheddarman
I had to download the Samsung Smart Switch and set up my tablet following the instructions in the attachment I have included.

Attachments

• Safari - Oct 21, 2020 at 9:34 AM.pdf
    768.7 KB · Views: 114
One thing I forgot to try is using by smart phone as my mobile device. But my tablet works fine with my Mavic Pro so I don't know why it wouldn't with my P3A. Any ideas?
cool how u just kept adding important info slowly instead of at the start/ :p

it is not weird to see a device work fine with one drone and then not another drone. peeps say it all the time here on the forum

Have you tried going into your phone or tablets wifi page to see if your drone is asking for a password? All you have to do is type in 123123 & it will connect your app tot he camera.

Success, finally. I decided to try my smart phone in place of my tablet...and I got the FPV and all the telemetry connections right away (satellite, camera functions, etc.). So while all that was working I switched out the two and plugged in my tablet...and the FPV and all the telemetry came up in it too. So I wonder what in world was going on previously when just using my tablet....same cable, same RC and same P3A. And this is weird...I shut everything down then powered everything back up with just my tablet...and got the same no FPV and no satellite and camera telemetry....then substituted my phone and it all came up...the re-plugged in the tablet and it continued receiving everything. So it appears I need to start things up with my phone then plug in the tablet. Any ideas what is going on with this scenario? But I'm happy that I appear to have a functioning bird now.

Can I ask what tablet you used?? I got a new one and it did the same, mine only let me see the Inspire and not my phantom 3 got refund.

Len

My tablet is an off-brand that requires a quick explanation. I have a tech wiz neighbor who is very resourceful buying any manner of electronic devices out of China. He shops by specs and not brand names. He also uses Ali Express for many of his purchases. I consulted him about getting a tablet to use with my drone and he looked around on Ali Express and came up in this table: IBOPAIDA Air MT6797 X20 10 Core Android Tablets 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 10.1" 2560x1600 Display Dual SIM 4G Phone Call Tablet. It was on sale for $148 and free shipping...the only downside was the shipping took about a month. But for that kind of savings the wait was easy. He was so impressed with the features and price that he bought one for his P3P. Like he said, the same tablet is coming out another door with a brand name on it for $400 more. It has worked flawlessly with my Mavic Pro using the GO 4 app. And interestingly, it is working just fine with my P3A now too. About half the time now I have to "kick start" the GO app (flying the P3A) with my phone then just plug in the tablet when I get the camera screen then have full function to make the flight.

The GO App and the whole set-up is very fussy especially when it comes to Android devices.

"he looked around on Ali Express and came up in this tablet"

He should have looked here! Here is the compatibility list before buying?

Last edited:
There's no regrets here buying the tablet I did: big screen, excellent display resolution, 10 core, lots of RAM and ROM...for $148. It just has that little issue with starting the GO app, but that has been easily solved now. It's flawless with GO 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic