Need advice please

Reaction score
I've been flying the P3 4K now for about a month and overall am very happy. Today I was flying in a place where I have flown about 10 flights without incident. Today the drone repeatedly had compass issues, went in and out of atti mode every few seconds and would fly off to starboard. I was able to bring it in and land, but I had to do all the flying. I had re-calibrated the compass. On the third flight, the i-phone complained about strong interference often as well. The problem seemed worse at lower altitudes of say 20 to 30 ft.
I'm not sure what sort of interference it might have been. There is a wi-fi router near the first two flights, not the third one. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Could you tell us more about your flying environment and describe the area where you recalibrated the compass? High voltage wires, cell phone towers, parking garages, etc.

Could you tell us more about your flying environment and describe the area where you recalibrated the compass? High voltage wires, cell phone towers, parking garages, etc.

I flew from a dock in the front of a marina. Wooden, not using metal frame. The compass re-calibrated easily. There are no hi-tension wires, other than 30 amp shore-power running along the shore. As mentioned, I have flown in exactly the same spot on various other occasions. The problem was more over the centre of the river, which is only about 100 yards wide at this point, with a golf course on the other side.

I would get the warning and after I started dumping the keys no problem. I use iPhone that has no service just wifi and my real iPhone is with the keys.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Worth thinking about. I didn't like it when my docile drone decided to have a mind of it's own. I have an i-pad without a chip. Unfortunately it won't fit into the receiver. I have a sun screen on order that should allow it to work. I'll see if that fixes the problem, and will leave my keys on the desk. Thanks for the insight.

I've been flying the P3 4K now for about a month and overall am very happy. Today I was flying in a place where I have flown about 10 flights without incident. Today the drone repeatedly had compass issues, went in and out of atti mode every few seconds and would fly off to starboard. I was able to bring it in and land, but I had to do all the flying. I had re-calibrated the compass. On the third flight, the i-phone complained about strong interference often as well. The problem seemed worse at lower altitudes of say 20 to 30 ft.
I'm not sure what sort of interference it might have been. There is a wi-fi router near the first two flights, not the third one. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

"went in and out of atti mode every few seconds and would fly off to starboard."
Isn't this just GPS signal loss, or is compass error giving a conflict to the GPS, and they are switching to Atti mode as a safe mode? Asking all :confused:

"I had re-calibrated the compass."
Before first flight or third flight?

"the i-phone complained about strong interference often as well."
What kind of interference, WiFi, Cellular, compass, ?.
I have never heard of this.

How often do you do the compass dance?

Upload you flight to healthy drones and share the link.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic