ND filter

I have just received a couple of chinese aftermarket "XY brand". Described as optical glass multilayer coated, they look nice and physically identical to DJI filters. Came clean and threading is perfect, so I am happy with them and I am ordering more at about 15$ on aliexpress. I am not pro photographer but I find these an excellent value for money. The only objection: like the originals they only have threads on one side so you cannot mount more than one filter at the time (I would like like ND + Polarizer often)

Will post some feedback. Have to wait a week or two to get it though as i'm importing.

Yes I think I will order it in couple of days. Some says they are good, some they are not satisfied. But that say for PolarPro also :)

Yes I think I will order it in couple of days. Some says they are good, some they are not satisfied. But that say for PolarPro also :)
Exactly. I can only speak for Polar Pro where I had glue in the lens etc.

If I could order directly from Polar Pro, I would have probably given them another chance. Shipping fee's would be ridiculous though as I can't rely on my local postal service here... So has to be courier.

I have a feeling my local supplier here has old stock which had QC issues. So I decided to just send them back and get a refund.

So I went for TacoRC after giving it a lot of thought. And I ordered from them directly in hope there would be no QC issues in the latest batches.

I wanted a replacement lens, something that is not too heavy where I have to counter balance. I was going to try the DJI ND filters, but the Taco come with more filters for the price, and a carry case etc. And I've heard good things about them here (more good than bad).

Snake River Prototyping would have been my first choice as I had these on my GoPro and was very happy with the quality and workmanship. But they only do a slip-on filter for the Phantom 3 rather than a replacement filter, which introduces a lot more weight to the gimbal. So I feel I would have to counter-balance the gimbal which gets ugly with coins and weights and what-not, and also renders most gimbal locks non-functional (such as the stock gimbal lock).

I was not interested in gel filters because I believe optics will be better with glass, especially the multi-coated ones I got from taco.

Hope I won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I can only speak for Polar Pro where I had glue in the lens etc.

If I could order directly from Polar Pro, I would have probably given them another chance. Shipping fee's would be ridiculous though as I can't rely on my local postal service here... So has to be courier.

I have a feeling my local supplier here has old stock which had QC issues. So I decided to just send them back and get a refund.

So I went for TacoRC after giving it a lot of thought. And I ordered from them directly in hope there would be no QC issues in the latest batches.

I wanted a replacement lens, something that is not too heavy where I have to counter balance. I was going to try the DJI ND filters, but the Taco come with more filters for the price, and a carry case etc. And I've heard good things about them here (more good than bad).

Snake River Prototyping would have been my first choice as I had these on my GoPro and was very happy with the quality and workmanship. But they only do a slip-on filter for the Phantom 3 rather than a replacement filter, which introduces a lot more weight to the gimbal. So I feel I would have to counter-balance the gimbal which gets ugly with coins and weights and what-not, and also renders most gimbal locks non-functional (such as the stock gimbal lock).

I was not interested in gel filters because I believe optics will be better with glass, especially the multi-coated ones I got from taco.

Hope I won't be disappointed.

Can't agree more. Will order myself when I get home. I will get THIS (3-set). ND32 will buy if needed. What set have you ordered?

Last edited:
Can't agree more. Will order myself when I get home. I will get THIS (3-set). ND32 will buy if needed. What set have you ordered?

I went for this set which is "multi-coated" glass which is apparently better, so a bit more expensive, but it also comes with 4 filters, including the ND32. So if you think you may want it in future, maybe rather just go for this set.

TACO-RC Multi-Coating MC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advance Free Shipping

I wanted to order some of the Polar Pro filters but can't find the coupon on their website. Did anyone write it down, or know what it was so I can try it? Ready to order!! :)

SHARKPRO

I'm not satisfied with Tacho RC workmanship. All filters I received had deep fingerprints. Never seen fingerprints on any other new lenses.
That wasn't my experience. The set I have works great. No fingerprints

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Exactly. I can only speak for Polar Pro where I had glue in the lens.

I had glue in the Polar Pro lenses also - terrible and sent them back.

What are the best filters out there? Minefield!!!!!!! [emoji30]

UK

I had glue in the Polar Pro lenses also - terrible and sent them back.

What are the best filters out there? Minefield!!!!!!! [emoji30]

UK
I'll let you know when I get my taco-Rc filters?

What are the best filters out there?
If you don't need PL filters, then try the DJI filters. They are identical to the OEM UV filter.

I own the Polar Pro and had been happy with it till I realized that when I would fly sideways to my left, sometimes the camera would start to shake terribly. I later realized that it was the additional weight of the filter putting a strain on the gimbal. Once I removed it, the problem went away.

Reactions: Grae

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers