Navigation System Error after Sensor Calibration

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I did not find a clue to this in the forum: I had been getting an error message that the downward sensor needed calibration, so today I finally did a full sensor calibration. After that, when I try to power on the drone I get an error message that says "Navigation System Error Check Redundancy State."

The other thing I had down was run down two batteries from 2.5 bars to one as I will be taking an airline flight Sunday, so the drone also got warm sitting on the table (motors not spinning).

I'm going to let things cool down, do an IMU and compass calibration and try again. In the meantime, does anyone have ideas as to what went wrong? Thanks!

I did not find a clue to this in the forum: I had been getting an error message that the downward sensor needed calibration, so today I finally did a full sensor calibration. After that, when I try to power on the drone I get an error message that says "Navigation System Error Check Redundancy State."
The other thing I had down was run down two batteries from 2.5 bars to one as I will be taking an airline flight Sunday, so the drone also got warm sitting on the table (motors not spinning).
I'm going to let things cool down, do an IMU and compass calibration and try again. In the meantime, does anyone have ideas as to what went wrong?
That's an odd one but if it gives you trouble you could simply disable the downward sensors as they are very little use anyway.
ps .. there's no need to discharge batteries for air travel.
That's just a forum myth.
No airline asks for it and no-one at the airport has ever asked anyone about their battery charge level.

That's an odd one but if it gives you trouble you could simply disable the downward sensors as they are very little use anyway.
ps .. there's no need to discharge batteries for air travel. That's just a forum myth. No airline asks for it and no-one at the airport has ever asked anyone about their battery charge level.

Thanks for the reply and info on the batteries! First time flying into Mexico with a drone as I usually drive.

As for the issue, I've always kept all sensors turned off for flying over water and hand-catching on the ship and the sensor was off at the time of the error message. Anyhow, I let the aircraft cool down for over an hour, then did another IMU calibration then took it outside and it booted up fine and acquired GPS with no issues. So I have no explanation as to why the error message in the first place.

Thanks for the help and feedback!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl