My very first YT vid

Reaction score

Their is a newer version further down the page this one was deleted.

My very first drone/YT video. Not perfect but Im happy with the result. If you comment please take it easy on me and point out what I could have done better.

Its a local landmark built during the Irish famine by the Connoly Estate so that the workers could buy food for their familys.
Thanks,Shane

Last edited:
Very good, perhaps some transition between change of video snips, the sudden sharp change is not easy on the eye.
I like the shot flying through the arch, and over the peak of the obelisk.

Very good, perhaps some transition between change of video snips, the sudden sharp change is not easy on the eye.
I like the shot flying through the arch, and over the peak of the obelisk.
Thanks for that. I remember reading here awhile ago about transitions and some ppl were for and some against so i went without.
In hindsight now I think because its a short slow moving clip I probably should have put some in.
I might try again with transitions

I'm still trying to learn to improve my filming skills so take my comments with a pinch of salt.
Plus points for me were the nice variety of camera angles you used for filming the Landmark.
I did notice some picture quality issues in places though, possibly due to the camera iso/shutter speed settings not being quite on the nail.
Also you should be exporting in 1080p as a minimum these days really.
Good effort though for your first vid.

I'm still trying to learn to improve my filming skills so take my comments with a pinch of salt.
Plus points for me were the nice variety of camera angles you used for filming the Landmark.
I did notice some picture quality issues in places though, possibly due to the camera iso/shutter speed settings not being quite on the nail.
Good effort though for your first vid.
I didnt touch ISO, or anything else for that matter. I dont understand it just yet[emoji53]

Thanks for comment

I didnt touch ISO, or anything else for that matter. I dont understand it just yet[emoji53]

Thanks for comment

Yes I thought you may of been in Auto.
Manual settings will give you more control and will improve picture quality particularly when the correct ND filter is used.
Something I'm trying to get to grips with myself.

Reactions: shanek
On the first attempt super. I appreciate the courage to fly through the building.
Yes was a scary moment,especially when litchie told me "sat lock lower than 5". But im ok in atti mode,was just the nerves rattling me. Going through the smaller arch was more nerve recking

Space that would fit a plane there. And yet hit the bridge. Never more.
Yes looked to be plenty of room, you almost made it, just clipped it , a few more inches and you would have been through.
I avoid flying through arches, bridges etc for fear of loss of Sats, and signal and an undesirable RTH.
Thanks for posting, a good video, even though the ending was not too good.

Yes looked to be plenty of room, you almost made it, just clipped it , a few more inches and you would have been through.
I avoid flying through arches, bridges etc for fear of loss of Sats, and signal and an undesirable RTH.
Thanks for posting, a good video, even though the ending was not too good.
Only two CF propellers and some scratches Cheap first warning not to try again.

ok guys I took some advice and added transitions. The vid on top no longer works because I deleted it from YT and put this new one up instead. Im even a novice with YT and couldnt find the link to embed the video so that link will have to do for now.
hope its better for your eyes now Jayfdee ;)

edit, well waddya know,hit post and the vid popped up

My opinion. Much of transition. cross-fade better
Agreed. When editing software gives us all these slick transitions we at first want to use them all. Then we learn that less is more. Although the flash to white transitions aren't too bad. I could see leaving a couple of them in there.

Jump cuts do sometimes work nicely when times with the music.

Nice camera work. Gutsy move flying through that arch. Good job. Was any of this mission automated?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94