MY Samsung 4K TV won't play MP4 or MOV

I sympathise with the Samsung and Sony 4K TV owners out there. I recently had to replace my TV and wanted to go to a 4K one. I downloaded some 1080p and 4K footage from my P3Pro onto an extremely fast USB stick and went to one of the biggest TV retailers here in the UK. They allowed me to play the footage on several makes and models and I found that it was only the Panasonic CX802 series played them back flawlessly.

None of the Sony ones would play back the 4K footage (they did do with the 1080p footage) - I've since read on other forums that this is a well known issue with Sony 4K TV's. The Samsungs, including the 8K model either didn't play the 4K at all or, in the case of the 8K TV played the 4K stuff but there was quite a lot of distracting flickering of the image.

So I settled on a 55" Panasonic CX802B and it plays both my Phantom and GoPro 4K footage perfectly.

Something is clearly wrong with this. I have a 2 year old Samsung 4k with their latest Evolution box and it plays my P3 and I1 4k files without any lad or stutter. I find it impossible to believe that Sony's and Samsung's latest TVs on the floor of a large retailer will not play 4k files. That just does not sound right.
Maybe the floor salesmen had something set improperly?

I have a Samsung js9500 4k TV. It plays my p3p 4k vides fine from the sad card plugged via a USB adapter in the OCB USB port.

What I have found with my Samsung 4k TV is if I record the movie in the P3 as a mov file it is 3840X2160. If I record it as a MP4 it is 4096X2160. This is using either the USB 2 or 3. Mine is a 2014 model with the evolution 3 kit.

For the people who can't get it to work, I'm wondering if a decent workaround would be to upload your 4k video to youtube and view it that way. I understand that there are probably much more direct ways, but if all else fails that is an option.

I sympathise with the Samsung and Sony 4K TV owners out there. I recently had to replace my TV and wanted to go to a 4K one. I downloaded some 1080p and 4K footage from my P3Pro onto an extremely fast USB stick and went to one of the biggest TV retailers here in the UK. They allowed me to play the footage on several makes and models and I found that it was only the Panasonic CX802 series played them back flawlessly.

None of the Sony ones would play back the 4K footage (they did do with the 1080p footage) - I've since read on other forums that this is a well known issue with Sony 4K TV's. The Samsungs, including the 8K model either didn't play the 4K at all or, in the case of the 8K TV played the 4K stuff but there was quite a lot of distracting flickering of the image.

So I settled on a 55" Panasonic CX802B and it plays both my Phantom and GoPro 4K footage perfectly.
Brilliant!

Hi I'm having a hard time trying to play my 4K content on my Samsung UHD tv. I've tried both file formats and no luck. Any ideas?

Though MP4 is listed as Samsung TV supported video format on Samsung official website, Samsung TVs are particular about what audio and video codec inside in the MP4 video container. Samsung TV only supports playing MP4 in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video codec and AAC audio codec. Samsung TV MP4 issues are also affected by MP4 video resolution, frame rate, bitrates and etc.

You may follow this method to solve Samsung TV wont play MP4, MOV, MKV

Which Samsung model do you have? I have a js9500 and my 4k mp4 or mov files play fine on the TV. Did you try putting them on a USB drive and plugging into the one connect box ?

Samsung 4K UHD TVs allows you browse and share 4K Video files from your external storage devices on the 4K Ultra HD TV via HD cable or Wi-Fi connection. However, as you can see, Samsung smart TV can only support a handful of video formats natively. In general the Samsung TVs can support the following formats without any issues:
AVI, MP4, MPG, VOB, VRO, Divx, Xvid, MPEG-2, MPEG-4

Then what would you do with your 4K videos and other incompatible files, how would you play them on your Samsung 4K TV? We are here to give you the good news that now you can play all those 4K video formats using a powerful Video Converter Ultimate - one of the best 4K video converters and streamers out there. It can not only convert your 4K videos to the built-in presets for Samsung smart TV regardless of the complicated parameter, but also can stream your 4K videos directly from your computer to your Samsung Smart TV. Your computer and TV should be connected to the same network for it to work.

I'm having the problem that the .mov files won't play on my computer because "Class not registered". Anyone know how to get around this?

Don't know about that but thought I'd share my experience with Samsung 65" curved tvs. I bought mine from BB last October (UN65JU6700FXZA) for $1500. It did not have the expansion box. I got a usb extention cable and played 1080p sd cards with a card reader plugged into the extension cable. It played 1080p fine but would not play 2.7k files from the Phantom. Eventually the tv got picky about reading even 1080p off the usb port. Might be the sd cards. My work around was to copy the files onto my desktop and use the smartview app (its a program you download from Samsung onto your home computer). Then you go to sources on the tv and select your PC. You can watch any file (that you put in your smart view directory) on your home pc on the tv.

For 2.7k, I bought a converter from idealshare. It was $29/yr . It takes about 30 minutes to convert a typical 15 min flight into the h264 codec that my Samsung can handle. It's a hassle but it works well. I can't say enough nice things about the tv. Now all I need is a p3p to go with my p3s and p3a.

My Samsung 4K TV plays 4K just fine. No converter needed.
i have a samsung 8500 uhd 4k tv. how do you play it on the tv ? sd card ? i had pretty good luck with just plugging in my mac book pro retina with hdmi ?

To solve this issue, you'd better to convert your MP4 to Samsung TV MP4 format. Highly recommend three methods here:

Method One: HandBreak can convert MP4 to Samsung TV MP4 format.

Hi thanks for your answer.
I have the same problem with a Samsung 2016 Smart TV using a usb drive. I have tried to convert it with HandBrake
using the parameters Container MP4 and Codec H264 (x264) but when I try to look at it on the TV it gives the error 'Not supporter file format'.
Any suggestion.s

Maybe you can just use a video converter to transform your video file into the format that the Samsung TV can be compatible with. I have installed an HD video converter to deal with video conversion for a lone time. This is a 4K video converter, the output video can keep the original resolution. You can set up your video's parameter as wish. I used to convert MP4 to AVI, ASF to AVI, MKV to my Samsung Galaxy S7 and so forth.
Hope this converter can help you.

Hi I'm having a hard time trying to play my 4K content on my Samsung UHD tv. I've tried both file formats and no luck. Any ideas?
I think it is caused by the compatibility of 4K MP4 video. Because mp4 contains two kinds of codec, H264 and MPEG4, make sure which one your SAMSUNG TV belong to. You can choose 4k sources from the websites this article introduced Where to Download 4K Movies And then go to the 4k converter program it mentioned. Go to the parameter setting and sift

This video format MOV is not so compatible with Samsung product like Samsung TV. Therefore, to play MOV on Samsung TV successfully, you must convert MOV video to Samsung TV more compatible formats.

I use a versatile MOV to Samsung Converter-iDealshare VideoGo. It is successful.

also.. you can use freemake video converter. free download and powerful tool to convert any format to any other format
Screenshot (145).png

I recently bought a new 2018 Q65 UHD tv and it's fantastic right out of the box. formatted the sd card in the computer. Put micro usb card into an adapter, plug it in the back of the tv and BINGO I've got 4k video on my new badass Samsung tv. The detail is as good as I had hoped. Never had a problem with my old Samsung 60" tv rither. just plug and play.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20