my phantom 4 just flew away

Reaction score
after saving my money for the last 5 mts I was able to buy a Phantom 4 Dji drone from best buy ,I was flying the drone on Sunday November 6 around 12 in the afternoon on a clear sunny day here in California for some reason the pic went out on my ipad and the drone went out of the flight pattern and just flew away I immediately pushed the return to home button on the receiver however the drone did not come back I tried for hours looking for the drone but could not find it !

I contacted Dji support to see if they could help and they said to look for the flight patterns in the ipad to see where the last location was and search in that area.

I went to my account on the DJI app (USING MY EMAIL ADDRESS [email protected] pass word ''xxxxxx'') and it did not show any flight patterns or any other data , I tried to explain this to the support team and they seem to give me the run around then told me there is nothing they could do for me !
any suggestions ??

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Reactions: Samuel Quinn
Where exactly did you look for the TXT flight log?

I understand. Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this page to locate your TXT flight log. It's on your mobile device.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Following Msinger's instructions, we should be able to help you get to the bottom of your incident, and what was the suspected fault.

Very odd. I've never seen a case where the TXT flight log was not recorded.

It looks like you're out of luck if that log is really gone.

they dont have a way of sending me another one ,am I the only one this happen to ?
DJI or Best Buy? Neither will. You lost it and you have no log to prove it was even flown.

How exactly did you attempt to find your TXT flight log?

Sounds like the iPad just got hot and shut down, but the TXT flight log should be there.

Usually, an iOS device will give an obvious warning if it's overheating. I have had my iPhone 6s shut down in the middle of a Litchi mission flying with an iPhone battery at less than 30%.

If he lost connection, wouldn't the Phantom 4 return to home? Or at worst land in place? If it just took off on its own adventure, wouldn't that require a complete loss of GPS at the Phantom, independent of the iPad?

I just don't see how the iPad shutting down would result in a Phantom 4 "just flying off" into the sunset.

I did everything you said and nothing ,no flight data nothing
It would be very surprising if there is no flight record.
Open the DJI Go app and click the paper plane icon in the upper right of the screen to go to your flight records.
Are there flight records there?
Is there one for the most recent flight?
If you click on it, you should be able to replay the flight.
If you can do this, the flight data is there somewhere in your iPad.
If you can get the flight data, there's a good chance that someone will be able to work out what happened.

Usually, an iOS device will give an obvious warning if it's overheating. I have had my iPhone 6s shut down in the middle of a Litchi mission flying with an iPhone battery at less than 30%.

If he lost connection, wouldn't the Phantom 4 return to home? Or at worst land in place? If it just took off on its own adventure, wouldn't that require a complete loss of GPS?

I just don't see how the iPad shutting down would result in a Phantom 4 "just flying off" into the sunset.

No, that's not what I meant. The OP stated that his iPad screen went dark, with no other explanation. And yes, they give a warning before they shut down due to overheating. Mine did on a very hot sunny day.

I'd have to ask 2 primary questions- was the home point set, and what was the RTH altitude set at. She should have flown home.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

David, I see that you are located in California. What city are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31