My Phantom 3 Pro showed "Signal Lost" with full signal and control

Reaction score
Today my Phantom 3, running Android DJI Pilot app on an Nvidia Shield Tablet suddenly showed "Signal Lost" while I still had full signal bars, full video, and full control. No RTH was initiated. I was out about 2,000ft. and 350ft up. I flew it home and landed it smoothly with the "Signal Lost" STILL on the screen.

If this isn't a software bug, I don't know what is. In the video below you can see live video feed is just fine and I am steering left and right to show I'm still in control.

Video proof:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Today my Phantom 3, running Android DJI Pilot app on an Nvidia Shield Tablet suddenly showed "Signal Lost" while I still had full signal bars, full video, and full control. No RTH was initiated. I was out about 2,000ft. and 350ft up. I flew it home and landed it smoothly with the "Signal Lost" STILL on the screen.

If this isn't a software bug, I don't know what is. In the video below you can see live video feed is just fine and I am steering left and right to show I'm still in control.

Video proof:

Have you considered contacting DJI and providing them with your video info.
The more they are aware of the better for all pilots.

I thought they were kind of unreachable. I suppose I could email them.

OK. I just emailed them. I'll probably never hear back.

Reactions: ctrlbrk

Video proof:

Strange:confused: thanks for sharing

OK. I just emailed them. I'll probably never hear back.

Great, maybe you can also contact your dealer with what you have experienced.
The dealers sometimes have ways of directly contacting DJI reps.

There are a couple guys which generally have a direct line with DJI as field employees, and who hangout on the "RCGROUPS.com" forum under
Multirotor talk "P-3 pro/advanced owners thread" Tahoe Ed or Blade Strike are their monikers. I'm sure they would want to report back your findings to DJI R&D folks. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, I will.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Great, maybe you can also contact your dealer with what you have experienced.
The dealers sometimes have ways of directly contacting DJI reps.

There are a couple guys which generally have a direct line with DJI as field employees, and who hangout on the "RCGROUPS.com" forum under
Multirotor talk "P-3 pro/advanced owners thread" Tahoe Ed or Blade Strike are their monikers. I'm sure they would want to report back your findings to DJI R&D folks. Just a suggestion.
@blade strike and @Tahoe Ed are here also

I've heard about them. Do they work for DJI?

Seems a few of us had issues to day, My wife just mentioned solar flares? I'll go check out the solar flare forcast for ham radio....Propagation was good to day on the bands.

Nope nothing today

Last edited:
I've heard about them. Do they work for DJI?

We work for DJI US.. Ed full time and me part time as my real job allows..

This is the first I have seen of this a more than likely just an app glitch. How many times has this happened?

I will go ahead and forward this to the proper peoplle.

Ken

Reactions: cmyk22
I've had this happen to me on 4 out of my 8 flights so far. I attributed it to maybe some interference from cell phone towers and WiFi activity, but I'll make sure to screen cap everything next time it occurs to submit for troubleshooting and R&D

P3P 1.1.9 FW / Samsung Note 3 or Nvidia Shield Tablet DJI Pilot 1.1.0

Because I have never had this happen before it is just speculation.... But I have a theory that this may have something to do with no internet connection. Since taking delivery of my quad I have done all my flying from my backyard and off the house router. The P3 does require a internet connect for a couple of reasons.

We work for DJI US.. Ed full time and me part time as my real job allows..

This is the first I have seen of this a more than likely just an app glitch. How many times has this happened?

I will go ahead and forward this to the proper peoplle.

Ken

Thanks. This is the first time it has happened to me. I believe it is also the first time I have disabled my wifi on my tablet while flying, also.

Thanks. This is the first time it has happened to me. I believe it is also the first time I have disabled my wifi on my tablet while flying, also.

Maybe someone in a better position may respond, Ed or Ken, but I was under the assumption that Wi-Fi was not necessarily used or needed with the P-3, and that both video and Tx were on 2.4 Ghz. That Wi-Fi was used simply for mapping purposes, and should generally be turned OFF, and placed into airplane mode on your device, which is the way I've been flying since acquiring my P-3, and with no major issues in that regard.
Again, not gospel just something I've read here, and on other such forums.
I realize the P-2 is a horse of another color. : )

Last edited:

See following attachment under Safety Guidelines Disclaimer, re: Interference with Flight Controller, Communications, and Positioning Systems. Pg. 11
Avoid interference between the remote controller and other wireless equipment. Make sure to turn off the Wi-Fi on your mobile device.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Safety_Guidelines_Disclaimer_en.pdf

Last edited:
Had the same thing happen on my advanced I brought it to the ground shut everything off and tried it again it worked but it makes you think before each flight for sure

Video proof:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic