MY PHANTOM 3 CRASHED with ZERO RECOVERY

Great video of a terrible loss! I have 37 flights on my new P3S and get nervous when I'm 500ft away on clear ground! Still sux tho!

I always fly on top of the water..This is my best way to test and you can get the best reception too. The frequency bounce off from the water.

Might need to put whiskers on your next drone.
abd42864bdf55859fc0beea474abc6fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thought id say hi brother! This is chaos paddler ;-)

Sorry to see that happen to anyone, simple mistake you don't often get a second chance. Were you able to retrieve it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would have been hesitant going down there because you've got two narrow walls on each side and also two bridges overhead. So, say you lose GPS and it goes to ATTI, but then the wind tends to do funny things in narrow canyons.

OTOH the best shots are the risky ones.

Turns out, it appears you didn't have a problem with GPS at all. Or wind.

Sorry for your loss and thanks for posting!

Hello folks,

Hope you guys have a great time with your drones.. Today wasnt for me.. The judgement day has come. I went out out for a flight, not much wind at all. It was my poor judgement.. I was flying under neath 2 bridges. As I flown by, I thought I cleared the clearance... Boy I was mile ahead wrong. From where I was standing is hard to judge. Oh well......With out further ado.. Here is the footage.

Sorry Bud,
Video was awesome. Audio was (pardon the pun) to die for.
It was like it was the IMPENDING DOOM music. You just KNEW something was gonna happen. I loved it. I just wished I had gotten a bag of popcorn......LOL
Good luck on getting the next one.
Again, I feel your loss brother.

Hello folks,

Hope you guys have a great time with your drones.. Today wasnt for me.. The judgement day has come. I went out out for a flight, not much wind at all. It was my poor judgement.. I was flying under neath 2 bridges. As I flown by, I thought I cleared the clearance... Boy I was mile ahead wrong. From where I was standing is hard to judge. Oh well......With out further ado.. Here is the footage.

I live in New Jersey I'm selling a new phantom 3 standard with a dbs range extender if your interest 525 obo

Ouch. I agree that these things need some form of radar to judge what's close by.

I drifted mine into a tree on the second flight.

Atti mode has gotten me a couple of times.
But, I need to learn. So I learn....the hard way...lol

I would bet you would need to shut off obstacle avoidance on the P4 to be able to fly in some of those close quarter areas.

Man what a bummer! Great footage but sad to see. How did you recover it? Looks like you got your SD card back. Loved that intense theme music too. Haha!

Wow I know that place I live one town over

Very good video am sorry man

A fitting tribute AND a burial at sea!
Condolences, and NICE video!

So was the video cached on your mobile?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members