My P2V Video Workflow and Sample Footage

iResq said:
If your ultimate goal is Youtube or Vimeo, it's going to get crushed anyway so it's just as easy to edit in native format h.264.
Yep, your final output format should be whatever YouTube or Vimeo prefers, probably H.264 1080p30. If your editing workflow doesn't require any intermediate file saves, then don't worry about anything else. But if you're going to process the footage in one app, render, save, and re-import into another app - then by all means use some kind of lossless compression for those intermediate files. That's the scenario I was talking about - apply Lens Correction filter in Photoshop, render, save, then import corrected footage back into Premiere or whatever video editor you use.

gfredrone said:
You'll notice at the end when he's exporting the corrected video - he's using Quicktime -> Animation (High Quality) format. This is a lossless compression codec (as long as you pick the "High Quality" option) that is a good choice for intermediate work files like this. It's *not* suitable as a final presentation codec, though - files are ginormous, and even the fastest PC will struggle to do full-speed playback.

jimre said:
gfredrone said:
You'll notice at the end when he's exporting the corrected video - he's using Quicktime -> Animation (High Quality) format. This is a lossless compression codec (as long as you pick the "High Quality" option) that is a good choice for intermediate work files like this. It's *not* suitable as a final presentation codec, though - files are ginormous, and even the fastest PC will struggle to do full-speed playback.

So if I import to pinnicale17 and convert it to uncommperssed frames avi 1920 x1080,
edit it as needed (remove fish eye and stabilize) shorten or cut out parts.

1. Then if I want to keep for future use of editing into other films, I want to save it in as uncompressed avi?
2. If I want to save to file to watch or for dvd then mp4 hd high quality
3. I want to save for ipad use is there any difference in saving
4.if im just cutting sections of different clips and putting together no editing then do I need to convert first or skip
4b.if I just put cut clips together then how should I save them? will exporting as mp4 1920 x 1080 degrade further again
or will it stay the same quality as was when brought in

Ive done video editing for a while for home stuff ,but just learning the whole format area and as I see it makes a difference, none of my final footage is as good as on here in quality.

thanks for the help ;)

is there any difference at this point

I would like to add how I start my workflow, backup!

I save and back up all raw (meaning not edited in any fashion) footage, video or photos, at the very beginning of my work flow. That way if a mistake is ever made or I want to go a different route, I'll always have the original.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik