My newly purchased Phantom 2 seems to be defective

Reaction score
I hope not, but I may have finally received my first defective dji Phantom 2. I have purchased 2 others and they have been fine...from right out of the box to major modifications. But today, I received my new Phantom 2, designed for the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. After setting the GPS carefully, my first attempt to fly was a disaster. It took off wildly and flew parallel to the ground. Fortunately, there was no damage...but I knew something was wrong. I have been flying Phantoms for a while so I am careful with preflight checks. After completely updating the firmware...I tried again. The engines came on, normally...but when I upped the throttle..the engines revved up slightly and even at full throttle they didn't have enough power to even lift off. At least there was no crash. To save some time and guesswork..I will say what I did:
1. Yes, I checked to see all the switches were in the proper position
2. Yes, the battery was a 97% capacity
3. Yes, I have the latest Firmware 2.0
4. Yes, it is in Phantom mode.
I really hope someone out there comes up with a solution...something I missed. There is one aspect that makes me wonder. When I go to the dji site I can't download the 4.02 firmware. When I try to check on this it say "No controller". Thank you, in advance, for your time and advice.

Never mind....I found the solution. I left this on here for other people who may run into the same problem. The newest Phantom is shipped with mode 1 activated.

I had same problem. I switched Stick Mode to "Mode 2" in the RC Assistant Software Program then that corrected the problem for me. Look at the sticks (Channel Monitor) and see what happens when you the move them (throttle, etc). Some previous
posts, here or elsewhere, say the mode came reversed on some of the Phantoms and were sent out that way.

Confirm all the controls are fully calibrated and working as expected in Phantom Assistant. Run Advanced IMU calibration, calibrate the compass in a open space outside clear of all metal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4