My new P3 Advanced arrived - some issues I can't find an answer to. Any help out there?

Reaction score
Hi, So just received my new Phantom 3 Advanced (last to be produced for a while I hear?) I have had a phantom 2 and a vision in the past and so quite familiar with these drones.The tablet, LG V500 8", appears to work fine with the DJI pilot app but there is a second or two delay from the phantom camera to the tablet, on the ground and in the air, and although my tablet is full HD the image coming from the phantom 3 Advanced shows a standard, almost poor image. I thought the new Phantom 3 produces full HD for the tablet image? Also, whilst I'm here, my phantom tells me that it has the latest firmware but when I look into the 'About' section of the flight pilot app (all connected to my phantom and operational) the info on my firmware says N/A. Why can't it tell me my firmware status in the 'about' section? At the moment I am worried about sending it anywhere too far until these issues have been resolved. Any help would be appreciated.....

The tablet, LG V500 8", appears to work fine with the DJI pilot app but there is a second or two delay from the phantom camera to the tablet, on the ground and in the air, and although my tablet is full HD the image coming from the phantom 3 Advanced shows a standard, almost poor image. I thought the new Phantom 3 produces full HD for the tablet image?
I don't know your tablet but it sounds like it is having trouble keeping up processing the image.
Not all devices are suitable - they have to have a good graphics chip to manage well.
The image that the Lightbridge sends back is 720p (1280x720)- not full HD (1920x1080)

I had trouble with my iPad2 so called dealer, they said everyone in their shop is using the NVIDIA Shield because the processor is the fastest. It is designed for gamers. I ordered one yesterday from Amazon. Will post results next week

I had trouble with my iPad2 so called dealer, they said everyone in their shop is using the NVIDIA Shield because the processor is the fastest. It is designed for gamers. I ordered one yesterday from Amazon. Will post results next week

did you enable hardware decode in the DJI app for your ipad?

Wouldn't work with my iPad 3 even after "tricking" the app into loading. Got a Nvidia Shield and it works great. (please note I have a P3P, not P3A but I'm betting the Shield would work just as well with the P3A)

The shield is great but also a lttle bit lag. I don´t now how to get it good.

Also, whilst I'm here, my phantom tells me that it has the latest firmware but when I look into the 'About' section of the flight pilot app (all connected to my phantom and operational) the info on my firmware says N/A. Why can't it tell me my firmware status in the 'about' section? At the moment I am worried about sending it anywhere too far until these issues have been resolved. Any help would be appreciated.....

I've only seen this when not connected to the Phantom.

Hi, So just received my new Phantom 3 Advanced (last to be produced for a while I hear?) I have had a phantom 2 and a vision in the past and so quite familiar with these drones.The tablet, LG V500 8", appears to work fine with the DJI pilot app but there is a second or two delay from the phantom camera to the tablet, on the ground and in the air, and although my tablet is full HD the image coming from the phantom 3 Advanced shows a standard, almost poor image. I thought the new Phantom 3 produces full HD for the tablet image? Also, whilst I'm here, my phantom tells me that it has the latest firmware but when I look into the 'About' section of the flight pilot app (all connected to my phantom and operational) the info on my firmware says N/A. Why can't it tell me my firmware status in the 'about' section? At the moment I am worried about sending it anywhere too far until these issues have been resolved. Any help would be appreciated.....
Which version of the Pilot app are you running?

I've only seen this when not connected to the Phantom.
Don't get the dji app in the app store it's the old version. Get it from the dji site. I also got this message in the first day i used my phantom 3. Now iget also this message but there is no newer version so i don't get it. I have the android version with the shield.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.