My imagination or not? P3 vs P2 compass/RTH problems

Reaction score
Is it my imagination or is there any truth to the fact that I seem to be reading 3-4 times as many horror stories in the forums regarding fly-aways, signal loss, compass problems and RTH failures involving the P3 versus the P2?

Is it my imagination or is there any truth to the fact that I seem to be reading 3-4 times as many horror stories in the forums regarding fly-aways, signal loss, compass problems and RTH failures involving the P3 versus the P2?
I don't think so--- been about the same since the P3 came out-- bear in mind --25000 members and counting-- most of the good news will take back seats to the bad news-- so it there are were 500 negative posts, from 500 members -- there are probably about 24000 out there who aren't having the same negative issues.

In my observation it's actually the opposite. I have both the P2V+ and the P3 since their introduction and the "horror stories" are much less with the P3. YMMV

Yeah, what?!? It's either your imagination, or you didn't spend much time on the P2 forums. ESC wires shorting/breaking? Or wifi modules frying due to poor heatsinking. Or having to upgrade the GPS puck and/or add copper foil to the shell due to terrible sat reception at ground level. None of that stuff w/ the P3. And since it's a pet peeve of mine, it's not a flyaway if you are able to regain control and land. The term is thrown around way too easily with the P3. With the P2's, they truly were flyaways... as in lost and had to go hunting for it on foot. I don't believe I've seen more than 2 legitimate flyaway scenarios on here or rcg.

Reactions: ELHEAPO and 2nd2non
You are going to get problems with any mechanical or electrical device/object etc its inevertable people spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on super cars that break down nothing is 100% stable, the P2's had a lot more problems occuring than the p3's its just a matter of luck or bad luck as the case may be, plus how may "fly aways" were actually human error and not mechanical fault and some people just dont like to admit they messed up?!!

Since most of those are user error I don't think it's relevant. I will say that the app make it much safer to take of and fly with sensors checks alerts etc.

Imagination.

If anything, the "stress cracks" are the biggest issue thus far on the P3P/A.

Far fewer reports of fly away or other "loss of control" events.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic