Questions about NON-DJI apps

I guess Florida is quite flat but I think it is a good idea to nevertheless inspect the mission area in Litchi Mission Hub on a PC because it shows the ground elevations at each waypoint.

Doing the same in Google Earth is even better because you can just move the cursor on the whole planned mission path and see the ground elevation at the bottom right. Or create a path, set it Relative to ground, and see its elevation profile.

View attachment 64096

I heard that some new version of Litchi might make setting a constant AC altitude from the ground easier. I.e. you don't have to manually calculate "AC altitude + ground elevation" in each waypoint (currently a detour to Google Earth is needed if you want the calculation is done for you). Is this feature currently in beta?

Thanks for the demo Matti! This is what I needed to figure out how to plan a mission flight through Google Earth!

I've tried a lot of third party apps and had problems only while I was not reading the manual/help/faq before trying new things. It's the same with the DJI GO Application. Many flyaway or bird loss are caused by the user not reading the manual before trying to figure it out while the copter is in the air, I may be one of those on time to time. I've just lost a P3P last week because of that ... but using third party apps is for me a requirement since DJI GO does not include a true Way-point feature so I use mostly AutoPilot or other specialized apps to do my surveying jobs or pre-planed movie shots and never had a problem.

I truly recommend everyone having a look at AutoPilot because it's really the "Swiss knife" app that you can use to do literally everything.

I have over 200 complex, long-range (38,000'+), autonomous Litchi flights on multiple Phantoms. Litchi has performed flawlessly. The aircraft does what you program it to do. While there is always the chance of a hardware failure, I suspect most instances of losing an aircraft with Litchi are due to pilot error misprogramming a mission.

These flights are absolutely SICK!

Very Cool...

Been using Litchi here in Brasil for more than 6 months now and never had any problem. Actually I never use DJI app

I have 200. miles of flight on two P3P. 99% of those flights were with Litchi. I only use the Go app to set a few things once in a while. Then I use Litchi to fly. About 30% of those 200 miles were programmed flights. The rest were FPV flights. Litchi never has caused me any problem. The Go app does not have the capability that I want. With Litchi, the P3P is awesome! I just finished 14 flights over 6 weeks with flight altitudes between 12,000 feet and as high as 13,300 feet. (Always within 400 feet of the ground) I use a Samsung Galaxy S2, 8 core processor, 9.7 inch very bright display with a "Hoodman" while sitting in a lawn chair next to my Jeep. See "Jeeping Joe Youtube"
KC7GHT

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj