My First Crash and it only took 4 weeks!

Reaction score
So I clipped the top of a tree and fell about 20ft to the grass. As far as I can tell it broke the Yaw arm and the ribbon cable...
20160130_163950.jpg
20160130_164013.jpg

Also the propellers stopped and the motors whiired/screeamed for about a second.. then the props started again. That is what freed it from the tree branches do you think it would be wise to replace the motors, "just to be safe"

so am i off with my assessments? Is this something i can do myself?
Any good place to order these parts?
I heard of Dronefly repair service but i think it might be good for me to repair it so i set to know the drone REALLY well..
Thanks All!
Dave

You can probably figure out how to fix the gimbal and camera. As for the motor, I would at least get the camera running (easy) and then test fly it.

Welcome to the club!

Is the yaw arm plastic on the P3? Don't think I've ever seen one break at that point. Assuming that's all it is if you can secure a replacement yaw arm & ribbon it isn't too difficult just tedious. There are videos online you can follow that show you step-by-step how to disassemble the gimbal, install the new ribbon, & put it all back together. You need a good set of drivers, dexterity, & some patience.

So I clipped the top of a tree and fell about 20ft to the grass. As far as I can tell it broke the Yaw arm and the ribbon cable...
View attachment 42349
View attachment 42350

Also the propellers stopped and the motors whiired/screeamed for about a second.. then the props started again. That is what freed it from the tree branches do you think it would be wise to replace the motors, "just to be safe"

so am i off with my assessments? Is this something i can do myself?
Any good place to order these parts?
I heard of Dronefly repair service but i think it might be good for me to repair it so i set to know the drone REALLY well..
Thanks All!
Dave

Send it to @hunch he has mines currently and seems to be the go to guy for phantom or drone repair he's a member on this forum and posts fairly frequently. Send him a message prices are more than fair

Reactions: stoneyb245
Bummer, sorry about your crash. :(
Welcome to the forum as well!

I've seen a video of replacing the ribbon cable, and it looked very difficult to replace. If it was mine, I'd send it to DJI or Hunch for a proper repair. Hunch is a member on the forum, and fixed many a crashed Phantom! Good luck, whichever way you go.

thank you guys... yeah Dave let me know if you need help.. PM me or email / call at the info @ www.uavrepairshop.com

that's an easy fix with a new yaw arm and cable...
as far as the motors go, i hope that ESCs didn't fry because then you're looking at the new main board.
in either case, if you need help let me know.

hani

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl