My drone arrived!

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 standard arrived today unpacked it and it is great! The downside is there is no power cord to attach to the charger. I called they said they would get one to me in the next week. I checked battery status on controller it has 2 bars and the drone battery has 1. Guess there is nothing I can do but wait as not enough power to try to update or connect everything together including my dji go app.

If you're just missing this cord and still have the transformer part, you might want to take a look around your house. It's a really common cord. That's what I would do. Next stop, Goodwill.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 337
My Phantom 3 standard arrived today unpacked it and it is great! The downside is there is no power cord to attach to the charger. I called they said they would get one to me in the next week. I checked battery status on controller it has 2 bars and the drone battery has 1. Guess there is nothing I can do but wait as not enough power to try to update or connect everything together including my dji go app.
I agree that it's a very common cord and you probably have a few of them around the house.

You already mentioned updating. I know that you've been reading the forum and watching videos, so I'm sure by now you've seen some people suggest to not update immediately but to check out your new P3 for functionality first so you know what "normal" looks like before introducing significant changes. I agree with those suggestions. In fact, I cringe when I see people post that the first thing they did was update, nothing works, and they have no idea which FW versions they started with or have now. :)

Last edited:
thanks everyone, I did find a cord on a printer that is working. I am charging drone battery and the controller is fully charged from my laptop. I will next connect the dji go app on phone to the controller and drone. If I understand it will tell me if I have the most current firmware update at that time.

If I understand it will tell me if I have the most current firmware update at that time.
Right -- DJI GO will prompt you to update the firmware if an update is available.

well after a few minor bumps got everything working (thanks to previous posts and pilots giving me their thoughts) and I flew it for 1st time in front yard for about 5 minutes. worked perfectly, I was to busy watching the drone and not paying attention to display I forgot to turn on video recording and when I did turn it on (I thought I was turning it off) I got great video of me going to pick up drone and carry back to front porch! lol live and learn....again thanks everyone for your help.

Reactions: Bazza.
LOL No, that has never happened to any of us before <wink wink>

Reactions: Oso

You can charge the controller with a micro USB cord.
da02913360e973efa183fdcf7bdb5bf1.jpg

Welcome aboard, drvrbobob! Hope you find this forum useful and interesting.

Like has already been said, DON'T update anything yet! Take your drone out and fly it SEVERAL times to get use to how it operates "as sent" from DJI. - it SHOULD do just about everything you want it to do at this stage of your ownership - climb, descend, go forward/backward/side-to-side, yaw, RTH, take still photos, take videos, Home Lock, etc. Read the manual and practice doing those things until you are thoroughly comfortable with them before you even attempt to do any upgrades. Learn how to find out which versions of the various software items were installed at the factory (write that information down in some kind of record-keeping notebook - you'll need it later!)

Above all - fly safe and enjoy it while you are doing so!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello