my DJI 2 vision plus drifts slowly away although GPS on

Reaction score
Hi

I noticed that my Phantom 2 vision plus drifts away although my GPS signal is on and the green lights are slowly flashing.

How can this be?

I tried however to calibrate the compas but somehow I don't get the yellow light (iluminationg constant) not on. No matter how often I switch the S1 switch. But does the compas have somethign to do with driving away? As long I have the full GPS signal then the drone shoudl be stable, or?

Regards

Lolorek

Hi

I noticed that my Phantom 2 vision plus drifts away although my GPS signal is on and the green lights are slowly flashing.

How can this be?

I tried however to calibrate the compas but somehow I don't get the yellow light (iluminationg constant) not on. No matter how often I switch the S1 switch. But does the compas have somethign to do with driving away? As long I have the full GPS signal then the drone shoudl be stable, or?

Regards

Lolorek

To activate compass calibration

Flick the right switch up and down several times until quad lights go yellow solid

If that doesn’t happen then you need to check your switch using the assistant software

Until the compass is calibrated then it will drift, also use the software to calibrate the IMU

dear Phantom colleaque

thank you very much for your feedback. But why is it drifting when it has the GPS?
so with the software I can check if the switch is working?
What does IMU mean? Sorry am new in this field

dear Phantom colleaque

thank you very much for your feedback. But why is it drifting when it has the GPS?
so with the software I can check if the switch is working?
What does IMU mean? Sorry am new in this field

How many satellites do you have connected? If you have any less than 7 this should be the explanation. (You can see how many satellites you have connected in the top right corner on the mobile app)

I don't know how many Satellite because am fly without the app so that I can just exercise the flying itself for now and also score some more Battery lifetime. However the green lights were flashing slow green so GPD signal was there. I guess 6 Satellite are required for it, or?

the p2v plus needs seven sats to lock before you get flashing green lights, as you are getting green lights then its safe to say you have enough sats locked, i mentioned the IMU calibration, this is done through the software program and requires the quad to be on a flat level surface, the IMU is the bit inside that detects the angle the quad is at and then alters the speed of the props to keep it level, if its not calibrated you get what they call the toilet bowl effect, ie it hovers but moves around in a circular pattern,

calibrating the compass is the first thing to do and then let us know how it behaves

Hi

thank for the tipps. I got yesterday one step further. I noticed that I switched the S1 too fast and too many times. Now I did it just 5 times and rather slow and the yellow lights "ready for calibration" illuminated eventually. BUT
I make the first 360 degree horizontal - green light illuminates, all ok
I make the vertical 360 degree turn and the red/yellow starts to flash.

I tried it at different locations, further away, no cellphone close by, etc. Whole time am getting the same result :-(

What can I do next?

Hi

thank for the tipps. I got yesterday one step further. I noticed that I switched the S1 too fast and too many times. Now I did it just 5 times and rather slow and the yellow lights "ready for calibration" illuminated eventually. BUT
I make the first 360 degree horizontal - green light illuminates, all ok
I make the vertical 360 degree turn and the red/yellow starts to flash.

I tried it at different locations, further away, no cellphone close by, etc. Whole time am getting the same result :-(

What can I do next?

It’s all in the technique

Hold the quad away from the body at arms length

Rotate slowly wait for first green

Point quad nose fully down and rotate slowly

It could be the location, I’ve seen that before

Otherwise use the assistant software to check the compass readings

Post a screen shot of what it shows

I did it already with stretched out arms, just int he drone axis, different locations...nothing helped :-(
after the calibration process the red/yellow lights start to flash.

I hope that I come right with the "assistant software to check the compass readings"

can the compass be calibrated in the software as well? I might be lucky here

I did it already with stretched out arms, just int he drone axis, different locations...nothing helped :-(
after the calibration process the red/yellow lights start to flash.

I hope that I come right with the "assistant software to check the compass readings"

can the compass be calibrated in the software as well? I might be lucky here

hang on

red yellow means compass calibration needed, seeing as how you are doing it then it suggests its not storing the compass calibration

again use the assistant software to see what the compass is showing

I did now the calibration with the assistance software. It seemed to be ok
but when I switch now the S1 several times and active the calibration mode once gain and start turning the drone then I get again the yellow/red lights.

Or should I just leave the manual calibration, forget about it and just relay on the software calibration?

is there an option in the software to check what is wrong with my compass and why i can´t calibrate it manually in the field? does the software have such a function to check for errors?

is there an option in the software to check what is wrong with my compass and why i can´t calibrate it manually in the field? does the software have such a function to check for errors?

You are getting confused

You can’t complete a compass calibration there is an issue with the compass which needs fixing

The software can not be used to calibrate the compass

Suggest google search your issue

You are getting confused

The software can not be used to calibrate the compass

Suggest google search your issue

oouuu....
so what does the software calibrate there?
I assumed and was hoping it is an alternative way to calibrate :-(

oouuu....
so what does the software calibrate there?
I assumed and was hoping it is an alternative way to calibrate :-(

Haven’t you given up yet lol, the software is used to calibrate the IMU and the controller

after I re-booted the software I was now able to do the compass calibration. So light wise all perfect (green slow flashing) 12 Satellite present, S1 switch up, I pull the drone up and then it starts to drivt away. Also by flying when I let the stick to the middle position, the drone still drifts further in the same direction I was flying it, till it slowly slows down.

When I switch the S1 up or down it has absolutely no effect on the stability.

strange or?

Hi Lolorek, I was doing a search today because I couldn't get my p2+v to fly with GPS. Have you seen the post about the GPS connector having a very wiggly connector? You have to take the top off to get access to it. I've been flying alll week with connection troubles and when I took the top off today and unplugged the GPS several times my green came back! BUT I still have the drifting too, but it's WAY better than no GPS. I am thinking i need to make sure my joystick is centered better because I don't fly with "soft " hands. Almost like flooring a car accelerator with every push of the gas pedal. HTH's. Merry Christmas!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20