My Camera keeps losing picture but still have control

A

Anonymous

I am glad I found the forum just like this. I'm having issues with my drone at the current moment. Every time I try to fly the drone out of line of site, but not supassing DJI reccemendations that is still permitted by the drone software; by camera breaks connection from the drone. At this rate I usually have to press the go home button and pray it comes back to me. P

I usually fly no further than 600 feet above the surface and no more than 850 to 1300 feet in distance. Is it possible to set camera options on the app to allow for a clear contant picture from the above altitudes and distance? I live out on a farm and I have absolutely zero blockades from the craft to the remote.

I was told to make some changes in the camera setting in the actual app. But the choices seem to be endless. My main goal to to keep the drone close enough to ensure it's where abouts from my camera app. I don't want to open the drone up and make any modifications unless they are truly "plus and play." If I can make some adjustments via the camera that would be fine too.

In the DJI app, try setting the "Preview Quality" to "640x480 15fps". I don't think the other camera settings will affect the range extender communication.

Also, make sure the transmitter antenna and range extender are positioned correctly. The arrows in the picture below should point at your Phantom.

Attachments

• AntennaPosition.jpg
    AntennaPosition.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 364

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl