My advanced is here!!!!

Reaction score
I need a firmware update but unfortunately do not have a micro sd to USB connector ...is there a way I can update the firmware directly from my PC and if so, can you please give me a quick breakdown on the process..for the drone as well as the remote? Thank you very much to anyone willing to help. Can't wait until I don't have to ask silly questions anymore..but don't worry I know how to do all of my calibrations haha

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I need a firmware update but unfortunately do not have a micro sd to USB connector ...is there a way I can update the firmware directly from my PC and if so, can you please give me a quick breakdown on the process..for the drone as well as the remote? Thank you very much to anyone willing to help. Can't wait until I don't have to ask silly questions anymore..but don't worry I know how to do all of my calibrations haha

Congrats on the P3A!

First question. Why don't you make sure that what you have works fine first before doing a FW update?

In case you are interested, here is a list of tips I often share:
Soon to be new owner phantom 3 advanced

If you choose to go ahead and do a FW update anyway, follow these steps brought to you by @msinger our local superstar.

Good luck sir!

Reactions: JoBe and IIIDaemon
Ok so the firmware update isn't crucial? As long as my IMU, gimbal and compass are calibrated I'll be ok to safely fly? And thanks for the help btw!

I had a standard for two weeks..and decided I needed more range...I cannot wait to get this thing flying in the morning AHHH!!!

I had a standard for two weeks..and decided I needed more range...I cannot wait to get this thing flying in the morning AHHH!!!

Yeah I was exactly the same. Except I had HUGE signal loss issues with my P3S. Sent it in for repair, came back with the same problem. Took it back to shop and upgraded to the P3A. So much happier now!
It's such a relief having an aircraft that actually works! Shame I had to spend almost another $600 from P3S to P3A though.

who needs morning?
a nice quiet evening flight is always fun---
also easy to see the phantom in dark!

and no it is not illegal before folks start saying it is!

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
who needs morning?
a nice quiet evening flight is always fun---
also easy to see the phantom in dark!
and no it is not illegal before folks start saying it is!

Depends where you are. It is illegal to fly at night in Australia for example.

The cable is in the box.

The cable is in the box.

I think the confusion might be coming from the OP was asking about a "micro sd to USB connector".
You don't need this. You use the supplied Micro USB to full size USB cable to go from the camera gimbal to your computer. The camera gimbal acts like a Micro SD card reader.
The drone needs to be turned on for this to work.

Oh ok! Thank you there was some confusion..I was seeing online that for best results to load the firmware download to your computer extract the zip save the .bin file on your micro sd and then load it into the phantom..as far as a night flight i live in a small town in Massachusetts so I'd get canned quick for noise.. and absolutely the thing I'm looking forward to most is the stability..not being able to be a more aggressive pilot..but simply just not a stressed out one constantly flying in atti mode with compass errors lol

Oh - actually I'm not sure how that would work.
Can someone advise what would happen if you copy the .bin firmware file to the SD card by using the gimbal as the card reader. The drone is on, so once the copy has finished, will it start updating? Or will the drone wait until the computer is disconnected from the drone? I've noticed when I plug my computer into my drone via the gimbal's USB connector, the gimbal goes limp, like the drone goes into some weird 'service/maintenance' mode?

I'm under the impression once the .bin is saved on the micro..load it into your drone turn it on it will start doing a beeping sequence. Once it's finished you power it down..delete the files from your sd and load it back in

Depends where you are. It is illegal to fly at night in Australia for example.

pretty much figured with his nick name he was from Boston Mass in the US.
I was speaking to him directly in that regard.

it is true though, the rules vary locally all over the world.

good luck and have fun flying!
I

I'm under the impression once the .bin is saved on the micro..load it into your drone turn it on it will start doing a beeping sequence. Once it's finished you power it down..delete the files from your sd and load it back in

That was how I've done it previously.
But if you don't have a Micro SD card reader in your computer, can you use the camera gimbal as a Micro SD card reader to load the .bin file onto the Micro SD card? Or will that confuse the drone as it will see the file appear on the card out of the blue?

correct it will read the bin from sd

you can though when the quad is on connect the pc to the gimbal to use it as a card reader or copy files to and from

So the little micro USB in the front where the phantom logo is can transfer firmware updates direct? Excellent! And happy flying to you guys too. Thanks again, great community here

So the little micro USB in the front where the phantom logo is can transfer firmware updates direct? Excellent! And happy flying to you guys too. Thanks again, great community here

No, the micro usb port on the camera gimbal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.