My advanced is here!!!!

Oh ok! Thank you there was some confusion..I was seeing online that for best results to load the firmware download to your computer extract the zip save the .bin file on your micro sd and then load it into the phantom..as far as a night flight i live in a small town in Massachusetts so I'd get canned quick for noise.. and absolutely the thing I'm looking forward to most is the stability..not being able to be a more aggressive pilot..but simply just not a stressed out one constantly flying in atti mode with compass errors lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I get the neighbor thing for sure.
One thing, reading these forums has surprised me with,
is just how special and wonderful the neighborhood I live is.

2.5 years of flying ,from, midday to midnight (sometimes later) without a single complaint or even hint of one from my locality.
I live in small township in Ohio with many many neighbors all around.
The only comments I have ever got was folks stopping over to see and ask about my drones and or asking me to take shots of their homes/yards etc.

enjoy your trial flight tomorrow!

DJI_0152.MP4_000359107.jpg

Reactions: Webby
No, the micro usb port on the camera gimbal

Thanks man I didn't even notice that one haha..I'm just honestly so excited that my brain is just all over the place..I got some amazing stuff with my standard and every single one of you guys are telling me how much more of an experience im in for with my advanced ..contemplating calling out of work [emoji23]

I get the neighbor thing for sure.
One thing, reading these forums has surprised me with,
is just how special and wonderful the neighborhood I live is.

2.5 years of flying ,from, midday to midnight (sometimes later) without a single complaint or even hint of one from my locality.
I live in small township in Ohio with many many neighbors all around.
The only comments I have ever got was folks stopping over to see and ask about my drones and or asking me to take shots of their homes/yards etc.

enjoy your trial flight tomorrow!

View attachment 67461

Thank you very much! And that's a hell of a shot! This is one of my personal favorites of mine thus far..
710cd64c4cc9963c417664bdf4f25e44.jpg

Thanks man I didn't even notice that one haha..I'm just honestly so excited that my brain is just all over the place..I got some amazing stuff with my standard and every single one of you guys are telling me how much more of an experience im in for with my advanced ..contemplating calling out of work [emoji23]

Haha I know how you feel. Work really REALLY gets in the way of my flight time!

Sent from my SM-N930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

My first flight with my P3A. Still getting used to the range, also need to work on slowly the gimbal speed down and flying smoother:

Reactions: Beantown87
My first flight with my P3A. Still getting used to the range, also need to work on slowly the gimbal speed down and flying smoother:

for now just have fun and fly
the fine tuning will come as needed

even then , I just fly mostly for me so perfect video isn't an issue

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: Prometric
Yeah, did a touch up on lighting and color on my iPhone.

I edited a video or 2 a while back. fun in a way, but to much for for something I do for fun.....
I shoot 1080p/60 or 4 k and screen grab stuff for my use ..

no matter , the quality of video/picture these can give for the $ and mobility is just amazing.

Reactions: Numone
Ok so the firmware update isn't crucial? As long as my IMU, gimbal and compass are calibrated I'll be ok to safely fly? And thanks for the help btw!

So you mean to tell me that if your controller says you need to update you don't have too? And if you don't update will it just keep saying it needs updating on the DJI app?

Such a pretty city.
I noticed the drifting horizon. Have you had any luck with that since then?

Reactions: JoBe
So you mean to tell me that if your controller says you need to update you don't have too? And if you don't update will it just keep saying it needs updating on the DJI app?
Yes, that's what I was saying.

Reactions: JoBe

pretty much yep
seldom is a update required
suggested yes.

many say do it as you may get good stuff unpublished
many say never update if it works..

I update

Reactions: jnix
Such a pretty city.
I noticed the drifting horizon. Have you had any luck with that since then?
Yeah it is a pretty city. The location isn't the best for viewing it as I was quite far away from the city. But was just testing what range I could get with all the apartments around. There's a LOT of WiFi interference around that area.....still managed 100 meters up at a distance of 850 meters!

Yeah it was drifting. I wasn't sure if it was the drone drifting, or the camera. It didn't seem to do it when hovering. Only when going straight ahead it would slowly drive to the right.

Have you RTFM?

If you had continued to read ..I was excited. And couldn't gather my thoughts. But yes, I read "TF manual" ..what a nice guy! Have a good one! Thanks for your amazing help
Look, I didn't mean any offence and yeah, I did read on.
We're all excited and get in a tizz when get the AC, but failure to study the manual is a bit of a schoolboy error, although you did have the P3S for two weeks prior to getting the A.

I didn't even open the box for about 6 weeks before my first indoor sim test flight and continued to read, re-read and re-read the Online manual and other information on setup, preflight info again and again before my first "real" flight; even now, I refer to the manual occasionally.

Anyway, loved the pic you uploaded - was that taken on the S or A? Also, I suggest you make sure the camera settings are on 30 fps for 1080HD instead of 60 (which mine was one out of the box) unless you're going to post process, have a great PC or very up-to-date TV that can handle the higher speeds. I made that mistake and it was a real "doh" moment when I realised how dumb I was!

Look, I didn't mean any offence and yeah, I did read on.
We're all excited and get in a tizz when get the AC, but failure to study the manual is a bit of a schoolboy error, although you did have the P3S for two weeks prior to getting the A.

I didn't even open the box for about 6 weeks before my first indoor sim test flight and continued to read, re-read and re-read the Online manual and other information on setup, preflight info again and again; even now, I refer to the manual occasionally.

Anyway, loved the pic you uploaded - was that taken on the S or A?

Yeah buddy, I think I took you wrong..I apologize. The photograph was taken with the standard, and actually just got inside from a successful flight with the advanced..what a different machine..holy crap. And yeah, I totally agree about the reading part. I've read the manual a few times and watched countless videos on safe flying tech., do not do ______..it was simply a case of the "morning before the test brain" where you forgot all you had studied haha.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik