Multiple P3A "malfunctions"- Advice?

Reaction score
My new P3A is two weeks old: After a week of reading manual, forums, and tutorials, I assembled my aircraft and began flying. Love this thing! Now... I upgraded RC (GL 300C)FW to 1.8 because DJI GO (v3.1) "required" an upgrade. I don't know what FW version the controller had before upgrade. My only problem with the RC is the status light beeps red when DJI GO shows the drone is connected. The drone shows green LED (not gimbal LED) behind the gimbal indicating connection to RC. If I move the RC sticks around a few or more times, the red beeping stops and RC status is green. Is this normal or common? Is there a fix or what might be the problem? Any insight into this is helpful. Next, I attempted to upgrade to 1.9.6 (previous FW version unknown). After at least 50 attempts I cannot get the green gimbal success light; instead, constant red beep. RC shows 1.9.6. I tried to upgrade 3 batteries with different sd cards and still no luck. I am not asking advice as I've tried everything possible and everything published with no luck. The good thing is that if I delete the .bin file on sd card, the RC and drone works great! No connection or other problems (that I am aware of). Should I just leave it as is? Be satisfied that I have a working drone? What do y'all think?

The bin file only needs to be on the card once, then it upgrades the internal SD card in the drone. Seems like the bin file may have been in an extra folder where the drone couldn't access it. But if it works as normal now then I think you will have no problems. Obviously report back if you do and we will go from there

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks Neon. The bin file was not in an extra folder. I formatted the sd cards numerous times, then browsed through folders to be certain- including hidden folders. The upgrade to 1.9.6 was not successful according to the sd card log file but the RC shows v1.9.6 on aircraft. I have no idea if my batteries are updated to 1.9.6 but suspect they are not because I believe the upgrade failure was a result of the batteries: the log shows conversion problems at module 11 which I think involves the batteries. Another question I have is: Do other owners have problems/quirks that they live with/ignore? Should I expect a perfect setup, being new and expensive, or should I just shut up and fly?

All mine are perfect with no quirky things at all. When I first started flying and upgrading dji drones FW upgrades caused me no end of problems. The safest way is to let the kit do its own upgrade, the last one I did a FW update on the AC and the Rc did it's own. Out of the box FW updates are the worst. Couple of weeks back I sorted a failed P4 FW update and did a couple of Inspire updates in the field (actually it was on a roof). Just something to work around I guess.

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.