MOVERIO BT-300, MOVERIO BT-35E or a 30C.

I have the BT-300's with the Rochester Optical Ace goggles, and their prescription inserts, and they work great, but as you say, the Android interface is slow, and outdated. It can overheat in hot weather too if you're not careful. It's also only 32 bit, so I can't use them for my Mavic Mini, which needs 64 bit. I then purchased the BT-35's, but Rochester Optical doesn't make the Ace goggles for those. I've found that I can just plug my BT-300's right into the BT-35's HDMI box and they work fine. I can connect them to a HDMI-out tablet that is 64 bit, and they work fine for the Mini now too. The BT-35 headset just has been sitting in the box. If you have any questions, just ask, and I'll be glad to help!
To the Doctor, TCG and anyone who can help me understand.
Imagine that I am a bit stupid, some say that is not so hard, I can not see how you use the 300s with the 35's. I just can't get my head around it.
I would love to see a vid on how your setup works or at least a series of photos? Even if you only want to send the vid or pics to me only, Doctor and TCG.

Imagine that I am a bit stupid, some say that is not so hard, I can not see how you use the 300s with the 35's. I just can't get my head around it.
I would love to see a vid on how your setup works or at least a series of photos? Even if you only want to send the vid or pics to me only, Doctor and TCG.
Either headset will plug into either box and work. In other words, the BT300's will plug into the BT35 box and put out whatever HDMI or USB-C source to the glasses. Also, you can plug in the newer BT-35 headset into the older BT300 Android controller box, and use it to run DJI Go, Litchi, or whatever.

So do you ever have to look down and then up again? To me that is so important that I never have to move my eyes more than a few millimeters. Would love to use them for the Mavic Mini. But expensive to buy the 300s and the 35s.

So do you ever have to look down and then up again? To me that is so important that I never have to move my eyes more than a few millimeters. Would love to use them for the Mavic Mini. But expensive to buy the 300s and the 35s.
Anything that is normally on your phone or tablet screen shows up in the glasses. If you can operate your phone without looking directly at it, you can use the display on the glasses as your screen and see the changes you made. If all you want to do is set your phone or tablet up and go flying without changing parameters of settings you would never need to look down...

Reactions: John Gowland
It was a close call for me rattydude77, but what made me order the 300 is that many have reported that they have to look down at the device they use then back up to the glasses.
With the 300s you never have to look down, only what the drone is seeing through the Go app and a few millimeters over the top of the glasses to see the drone itself. My old 300 just keep falling apart after hundreds of hours of use. So looking forward to them arriving, with a nose bridge so I can use my glasses, the Solitaire goggles for the bright sunlight.
Will do a vid of them when they arrive.
Thanks for your sharing your thoughts rattydude77.
I'm a little late on the response but you said you dont need to look down at the device for what ever my smart controller see on the screen is the same on the bt-35e I never look down at my screen

Reactions: John Gowland
I have asked Epson how I can get DJI 4 app on my new 300s.

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me, or point me to a place that explains, in simple steps, how I can get the latest version on my device I would be grateful.
I was able to use the Soar app on it today and was frankly amazed!
I could see the apps data perfectly clear in the bright Australian mid-day sun with only a cap on. I do not know what has changed but it’s so far better than it was using the one I purchased soon after it came on the market. The only way I could see the app clearly was to put a black bag over my head.
I have never experienced anything like it. I could hardly believe my eyes. Every bit of data so clear in brightest of mid-day sun, even when I took my cap off.
I have thought of a hand full of reasons why, but it was amazing.
Soar is very limiting and bombed out on me when I tried to change camera settings, I had to restart it to get it to work again. So, the Go app really needs to be installed.
I tell you it was almost magical to see everything in such demanding conditions; the pad did get very hot as it always had. But what an experience.

So, help would be appreciated with the Go app.

I'm pretty sure that the DJI app is "optimized for the Epsons, but you could uninstall it and use APK Downloader, or APK Pure to download the latest one from the App Store. I've never tried, but it should work. Also, if the bright sun is bothering you and you don't want to fly with a bag over you head, take a lQQk at these. I have the Solitair Ace which comes with a complete black out cover on front, but I got the Polarized Sun Shield, and it's fabulous! It's the perfect balance of just dark enough, and not too dark. They also have a very comfortable foam against your face when you remove the nose bridge.

What I meant; Doc was that I used to need a black bag over my head using the 300s I purchased when they first came out. I did not need anything today not even a cap, it was incredibly clear in the brightest of midday sun. I ordered the Solitair Ace yesterday, but I'm now wondering if it is necessary. I don't know if the 300s have been improved or the Rochester Sun Shield has improved (I used them today) as you said, or what, but the new package is incredible.

Of course, the really big thing is that you have crystal clear vision of your instrument panel (app) in front of your eyes, while with the tiniest movement you can see the craft in the air.
To cap it all, if you wear glasses, as you said, just put the headset over them with the nose clips.

Reactions: D0CT0R
After many attempts, I eventually got the Go 4 app on my BT-300 and have been amazed by the difference between the BT-300s I bought about three years ago and the ones I have just ordered. I do not know what updates have caused the difference, but the differences are dramatic. I could never use the old ones in the bright mid-day Australian sun unless I put a black bag over my head.
I bought the Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV-VR Combo - Rochester Optical

And it is amazing, truly amazing. I can now go out in the mid-day intense, Australian sun and see the Go 4 app as clear as the page you are looking at now. With a little shifting around with the nose attachment, I wear glasses that I have to look down using the bottom part of my glasses to read text, I can see every letter and number as if I were using a phone indoors. Really an incredible experience. I cannot compare the 300s with the later bt35e because I don’t have the latest ones. But I do not know how you can improve upon what I am seeing with the 300s. I have yet to see how they handle high heat and humidity, the old ones bombed out a lot in those pretty extreme conditions and you can’t use them with the Mavic Mini.

For me the ability to see all the data in the Go 4 app with perfect clarity and a tiny move up to see my P4P v2 in the sky on the brightest of days is just awesome.

Must sound like I am marketing for Epson, I am not, I am just so happy, at last, to be able to fly at any time in the day no matter the conditions. I don’t like rain or cold though so I will never know about those conditions.

Such a shame Epson do not have outlets in cities where you can go and try them on, if they did that, their sales would rocket.
Big thanks to those who have helped.
Sorry for the long post.

Reactions: D0CT0R

Hi John
I think i can help you out -
I have both BT-300 and BT-35E

In both models the glasses have a single cable that runs to a control unit. For the BT-300, the control unit is a small android device that you would load your DJI app on. For the BT-35e, the control unit is just a "non smart" box with an HDMI input and power input (forget the USB-C part for now).

The connector on the glasses for both units is the same. That means you can plug the BT-35 glasses into the either the BT-300 android box or the BT-35 "non smart" box. Same for the BT-300 glasses, they will plug into either unit. (and just in case you are wondering, the BT-200 glasses use that same connector).

I just tested both of my units and here are the results

BT300 glasses with BT300 android box worked fine
BT35 glasses with BT300 android box worked fine

BT300 glasses with BT-35 "non smart" box DID NOT WORK - glasses would not show anything
BT35 glasses with BT-35 "non smart" box worked fine.

(and once again for those wondering about the BT-200, those glasses won't work in either one!)

Hope that helps
If you need more information let me know and I'll try to figure out how to post pictures!

TCG

Thanks so much TCG. I have the 300 which are working amazingly well, far better than the ones I purchased 3 years ago or so. But theyn dont work with the Mavic Mini.
Pictures or a video would be fantastic to help my little brain get around it.
For the P4P v2 the 300s worked like a dream today in the brightest of sun even without a hat.
Thanks again TCG.

Hello John -
I'm going to try to attach pictures - let me know if it works.
I think you may be getting bogged down with folks saying the BT-35 and BT-300 glasses are interchangeable, not that they are using both at the same time. My previous post was only stating the two glasses are not really interchangeable. Basically, you have to use the BT-300 glasses with the BT-300 interface and the BT-35E glasses with the BT-35E interface.

There really isn't much difference between the BT-35E and BT-300 glasses themselves. The BT-35E uses SI-OLED and the BT-300 uses Mono Crystalline Silicon Active Matrix. I don't claim to understand either technology, but since I have both units I can tell you that the BT-35E seems to me to be a little brighter and clearer, but not by that much! For me, the big difference was that the BT-300 replaces your smartphone/tablet on the DJI remote with the BT-300 android box, which I find very hard to use. The BT-35E just connects to the HDMI out on the DJI controller and gets it signal that way.

My P4P Pro+ v2.0 has the built in screen, so I use the BT-35E glasses in addition to that screen. I see the same thing in the glasses that I see on the built-in screen so I don't have to look down at the controller unless I want to tap somewhere on that screen. Unfortunately, the DJI remote won't supply USB power to my BT-35E unit so I have to use a small battery (it's just a standard cell phone charger battery). Since the BT-35E interaface clips to my belt, I just stick the little battery in my pocket and I'm good to go! I might use Velcro to stick both the interface and battery to the bottom of my remote like I did for my BT-200 glasses at a later time.

Here's my rig - not powered up!

Hello John -
I'm going to try to attach pictures - let me know if it works.
I think you may be getting bogged down with folks saying the BT-35 and BT-300 glasses are interchangeable, not that they are using both at the same time. My previous post was only stating the two glasses are not really interchangeable. Basically, you have to use the BT-300 glasses with the BT-300 interface and the BT-35E glasses with the BT-35E interface.

There really isn't much difference between the BT-35E and BT-300 glasses themselves. The BT-35E uses SI-OLED and the BT-300 uses Mono Crystalline Silicon Active Matrix. I don't claim to understand either technology, but since I have both units I can tell you that the BT-35E seems to me to be a little brighter and clearer, but not by that much! For me, the big difference was that the BT-300 replaces your smartphone/tablet on the DJI remote with the BT-300 android box, which I find very hard to use. The BT-35E just connects to the HDMI out on the DJI controller and gets it signal that way.

My P4P Pro+ v2.0 has the built in screen, so I use the BT-35E glasses in addition to that screen. I see the same thing in the glasses that I see on the built-in screen so I don't have to look down at the controller unless I want to tap somewhere on that screen. Unfortunately, the DJI remote won't supply USB power to my BT-35E unit so I have to use a small battery (it's just a standard cell phone charger battery). Since the BT-35E interaface clips to my belt, I just stick the little battery in my pocket and I'm good to go! I might use Velcro to stick both the interface and battery to the bottom of my remote like I did for my BT-200 glasses at a later time.

Here's my rig - not powered up!
TCG,

I just wanted to let you know that I also have both the BT300's and BT35's and the headsets and the interface boxes ARE interchangeable.

I have my BT300 headset set up with the Rochester Optical, Solitaire Ace goggles, and my BT35's to use when it's too hot for the goggles, or I don't feel like having the strap across that back of my head.

In other words, I can plug my BT300 headset into the BT35 HDMI box and they work just fine. I can also plug my BT35 Headset into my BT300 controller, and they work together just fine too.

I just wanted to clear this up...

:^)

Doc

Reactions: rattydude77
Hello.
I have a Mavic 2 zoom and i lke the epson moverio bt35e and i wanna buy it but i need to know if i can use it with my Autel Evo2. Please help me to be sure i can use with it before i decide to pull the trigert.
Thank you.

Hi!
How do you use the BT-35E on P4P controller (GL300F) which does not have a HDMI controller output? Also how can you use it with Mavic mini controller?

Last edited:
Thank you. I was thinking wether to add the HDMI controller or get a Tablet with HDMI output like Fusion5 (Amazon.com : Fusion5 104Bv2 PRO Android Tablet PC - (Android 9.0 Pie, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage, Bluetooth, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, HDMI, HD IPS Screen, GPS, FM, 5MP and 2MP Cameras) : Electronics)
so that the glasses could be used with any drone.
I regret to say that finding a Tablet that with more than 2gigs of ram and the horsepower of the CPU today will be either non existent, or a real challenge. The only one I've found that works for me so far is the Nvidia Shield Tablet K1. It works well with all of the previous DJI-GO apps., and I am still running 4.3.38, and it runs great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers