Motors will not start

Reaction score
Bought a used P3, 4k and it flew. Bounced it off my roof. Took off the guards and started it up. I didn't know that those same screws also held the motors. So upon takeoff, the motors twisted the wires causing them to short.
Ok, so I crashed the drone. Replaced the motors affected. Was sold a wrong motor so it wouldn't even start. Changed motor, still no prop start.
Firmware update: No motor start.
Mainboard replacement and firmware update: No motor start.
Tried another mainboard replacement: Still no motor start.
Replaced all 4 motors: No motor start.

What in the world can I do to get back in the air? Any advice would be appreciated.

Did you splice the wires or solder them to the main board when you replaced the motors? The seemingly easy way is a headache with a high failure rate.

I soldered them in place like I took them off. I didn't know about any other way to do it.

Bought a used P3, 4k and it flew. Bounced it off my roof. Took off the guards and started it up. I didn't know that those same screws also held the motors. So upon takeoff, the motors twisted the wires causing them to short.
Ok, so I crashed the drone. Replaced the motors affected. Was sold a wrong motor so it wouldn't even start. Changed motor, still no prop start.
Firmware update: No motor start.
Mainboard replacement and firmware update: No motor start.
Tried another mainboard replacement: Still no motor start.
Replaced all 4 motors: No motor start.

What in the world can I do to get back in the air? Any advice would be appreciated.

when you took off the guards did you use the same screws to hold the motors??, if so that's your problem because without the guards on you need shorter screws to hold the motors otherwise the screws will go right through into the motor windings

Well you know I did use shorter screws. I'm getting warning messages that the motor is overpowered and the flight time will be shortened. Along with there's a strong WiFi signal in this area. I'm ready to get a used drone body ready to fly and just add my 4k camera to it. But that will not fix my battery problem. I need now to reset them. Need to read the manual for that.
Thanks for the heads up on the screws.

Well you know I did use shorter screws. I'm getting warning messages that the motor is overpowered and the flight time will be shortened. Along with there's a strong WiFi signal in this area. I'm ready to get a used drone body ready to fly and just add my 4k camera to it. But that will not fix my battery problem. I need now to reset them. Need to read the manual for that.
Thanks for the heads up on the screws.

well it was just a thought as many have fallen into the long screw trap, hope you get something sorted out

So...at this point I'm considering buying one of those used drone that says that they are complete except for the camera. Any advice on doing something like this? If this would work, I'll be parting out as many parts as I can off of the old one. (making sure they work before selling them)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4